[REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:38 pm I'm quite sure the Blu-Ray will be in 16:9 like the DVD was before.
That is what the official press-release by Via Vision says.
In this case, I'd still prefer my upscale of the old German TV recording.
I don't blame you one tiny bit! ;)

If I had unlimited cash, I would buy up every single Pretty Baby blu-ray they make, and then send them an email saying "Look at the demand for this! You should release it in 4kUHD with multiple aspect ratios now! Just think how much money you would make with that!"
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

So can anyone confirm the quality and length of the bluray, or is it not out yet?
Night457
Global Moderator

mexlink wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:49 am So can anyone confirm the quality and length of the bluray, or is it not out yet?
Coming October 26 from Australian label Via Vision Entertainment.

I am sure it will be high quality ("newly restored 4k scan" and Via Vision releases have reliable quality). The Via Vision site lists it as 109 minutes and IMDB has 110 and deadman decided that most likely "Via Vision rounded down, IMDb rounded up."

I plan on getting it, but I do not have a computer bluray drive so I will NOT be ripping it.
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:56 pm
mexlink wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:49 am So can anyone confirm the quality and length of the bluray, or is it not out yet?
Coming October 26 from Australian label Via Vision Entertainment.

I am sure it will be high quality ("newly restored 4k scan" and Via Vision releases have reliable quality). The Via Vision site lists it as 109 minutes and IMDB has 110 and deadman decided that most likely "Via Vision rounded down, IMDb rounded up."

I plan on getting it, but I do not have a computer bluray drive so I will NOT be ripping it.
Alright, thank you for the clarification. Let's hope someone else will rip it.
Night457
Global Moderator

mexlink wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:39 pm Alright, thank you for the clarification. Let's hope someone else will rip it.
A few days and some posts back I posted these well-seeded rarbg WEBRip torrent links that were created in mid-June. They are recent enough that they MAY be from the same 4k scan, but I do not know who exactly was streaming this in 1080p so I can not check.

https://rarbg.to/torrents.php?imdb=tt0078111

I actually downloaded a few of them just for fun, but I could not be bothered to do pixel-peeping comparisons. "They look good" was good enough for me until I get the actual blu-ray in early November.

There are also 1080p WEB-DL files on Uloz, but I don't know how long they have been there.
https://ulozto.net/hledej?videoQuality= ... by=largest

I have not downloaded any of them (how many digital copies of PB do I need, really?) but in theory I like this 16.7 Gb one:
https://ulozto.net/file/T0xrS8E2BCGR/pr ... AzqzMxMt==

Now, WHY do I like it? Check out the list of audio languages and subtitles:
Audio tracks: de en es fr it pt
Subtitles: da de en es fi fr it nl no pt ru sv
Wow, that is impressive!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

There are also 1080p WEB-DL files on Uloz, but I don't know how long they have been there.
https://ulozto.net/hledej?videoQuality= ... by=largest

I have not downloaded any of them (how many digital copies of PB do I need, really?) but in theory I like this 16.7 Gb one:
https://ulozto.net/file/T0xrS8E2BCGR/pr ... AzqzMxMt==
These are the well known web-rips and they are not new. You don't really get a HD feeling. And the picture is much to dark to my opinion :cry:
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:01 pm These are the well known web-rips and they are not new. You don't really get a HD feeling. And the picture is much to dark to my opinion :cry:
Ah well, I still like all those audio tracks and subtitles!

I went straight from my old DVD to what was at FLM, so I really had no need to check Uloz or any torrent sites before! I am glad someone here knows that the Uloz files are old. I wish they put some sort of posting date on files so we could tell.

I see that even now Amazon is still streaming Pretty Baby in SD. Apparently iTunes now has it in HD, but I do not know how LONG they have had it and if it is the new scan. I can not figure out what other sites had it in 1080p now or in the past, probably in part because I do not do paid streaming so I don't pay too close attention to it.

With all the information that RARBG puts in its posts it would nice if members would more frequently indicate a source, such as when a Seeder names their file "AMZN-WebRip" or "Criterion BluRayRip".
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   3 likes

The Bu-Ray has been released!

https://hdencode.org/pretty-baby-1978-1 ... o-25-8-gb/

Downloading right now...
ZsofiaPsotta

Post by ZsofiaPsotta »   0 likes

ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Well, I have watched the Blu-Ray. I must say the picture quality is really great, but my joy is low because of the cropped picture.