[REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Wonderwidth

Re: [REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Post by Wonderwidth »   0 likes

I see going over some of the discussions on this film,there is a way to download it more clearly so it is like the VHS uncut version.My only question is,how in the world to download that emule tool.A step by step process or link would be very helpful!Any takers?
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Wonderwidth wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:28 pm I see going over some of the discussions on this film,there is a way to download it more clearly so it is like the VHS uncut version.My only question is,how in the world to download that emule tool.A step by step process or link would be very helpful!Any takers?
See here: viewtopic.php?t=7279
orangelamp

Post by orangelamp »   0 likes

It appears that after many years defending Pretty Baby, Brooke Shields has turned against it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -teen.html
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

orangelamp wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:12 am It appears that after many years defending Pretty Baby, Brooke Shields has turned against it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -teen.html
Im not surprised. I’m honestly surprised how well she turned out to be and that she hasn’t died under 28yo from overdose. Her mom just seems exploitive like the mother from the maladolescenza Girl.

It’s one thing to do a risky film or nude scene at that age but it’s clear she was pushed into being sexualized very early on. It doesn’t seem to have happened dynamically or on her own decisions
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I am deeply sorry, :roll: everything you said is true. she is a victim of the people who induced her to do those things. :( :( :(
Wonderwidth

No Brooke Shields is still very defensive of the movie Pretty baby,part of her knows she was exploited but the other half still is proud of it.She finally has admitted she did indeed pose nude in the movie,see the new pretty baby documentary interview on the view on YouTube to back up this claim.She was discussing the movie with her teen daughters in recent times and it came out when they questioned her about her role.
Last edited by Wonderwidth on Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderwidth

It starts at 04:43 minutes into the video.But it is worth watching the video in its entirety for perspective purposes, and for the overall scope of the conversation and subject matter roundtable discussion.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Wonderwidth wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:00 pm It starts at 04:43 minutes into the video.But it is worth watching the video in its entirety for perspective purposes, and for the overall scope of the conversation and subject matter roundtable discussion.
Very informative and sensitive discussion in my opinion. Here’s the Clip from „The View“:

https://inv.vern.cc/watch?v=4OFc3r-1hoA
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

The difference between her mother, and her as to why she wouldn't cast her kids in that film now - well, as they say - let's walk a mile in a person's shoes before casting judgement.
It's well known her mother Teri had issues - she was a single mother, her husband had left, driven to being a bad alcoholic. Without the husband she probably felt insecure about money both selfishly and for her daughter - that she hadn't been hugely successful herself she needed to push her daughter, could achieve success through her, that that was her life's new focus, and living her dreams through her. Like any pushy parent taking their kid to soccer practice and yelling too much from the touchline and pushing them to practice! You know the type.
Vs Brooke Shields now as a rich, successful actress who doesn't need to get roles to earn $. No money issues. Getting a few million from Netflix just for chatting. Her kids living in the 99th percentile - can be funded through colleage, private healthcare etc. Hollywood mansion, etc., never need to work a day in their lives. Aren't wannabe actresses - because they have been well schooled and given the support in school.
If she was a struggling mother living in a motel with a daughter who craved fame - maybe she'd also cast her in such a film if lured by a famous European director with a strong reputation - even if it meant some skin.
Her and her mother's life have been very different is my point.
At least she defends the film - which is good and well made, even if pretty exploitative.
Wonderwidth

The problem with all of Brookes critics be it the general public or higher up big whigs from talk shows,or television hosts etc...is that they still try to condemn her for this movie.Make her admit she was taken advantage of,be responsible for that role and what she had to do in it.She was 11-12!!Just a kid.It was a role for her.i know what they are doing to her as an adult,but it still doesn't make it right.She is allowed to feel however she wants to feel about the movie.It can't be undone,the movie or her posing for Playboy.Maybe her mother felt she had to do whatever was necessary,for both their sakes to make it together in life.Even though she did some wrong things here and there, I'm sure she still loved Brooke.People need to move on to something else,as far as crucifying Brooke goes.It has been 46 years and counting, it's over!