[REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Sully23

Re: [REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Davros6 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:22 pm I suppose the general Americans puritan attitudes don't help either where some might say a 10 year old girl in a bath with nipples showing is CP. I'm glad I live in Europe where we a more relaxed attitude to nudity of all ages.
Americans are more tied to Protestantism, a strongly conservative religion before the 20th century, a nude was seen as a sin, showing if an outfit like a skirt with that many centimeters of skin was already a nude, Janet Jackson's nipple was funny but absurd, many covered their eyes to the children.
Davros6 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:29 am I know a few years ago I visited London around the time we were on a high terrorist alert, and I found it shocking to see armed police in public, but Americans find it shocking to see police that are unarmed.
An American policeman on vacation in Canada made a fool of himself because he believed there was a hostile situation since that country has no violent episodes, something the Americans themselves criticize Canadians.
Davros6 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:29 am In America they seem to raise children to believe that nudity is a sexual thing and is bad, which probably explains the sex scenes on TV over there.
I remember on the news they broadcast live the hostage-taking in Beslan, the Russian army entered by force, you could see children running almost naked, they couldn't edit, they cared more about what was happening than the dignity of the kids.
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

I remember on the news they broadcast live the hostage-taking in Beslan, the Russian army entered by force, you could see children running almost naked, they couldn't edit, they cared more about what was happening than the dignity of the kids.
I know we're getting a bit off topic here :D
The reason why they were almost naked was due to to the heat in the GYM where they were being held hostage, personally, seeing them like that puts across how severe the conditions were.
I suppose Americans are used to school shootings, so an actual big siege like that would have been exciting to an American audience :D

[Image]
Last edited by Davros6 on Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I drink therefore I am
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Davros6 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:39 pm
The reason why they were almost naked was due to to the heat in the GYM where they were being held hostage, personally, seeing them like that puts across how severe the conditions were.
I suppose Americans are used to school shootings, so an actual big siege like that would have been exciting to an American audience :D

[Image]
What an impressive, strong but sad photo.
Last edited by goku33 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:10 am
What abnormal impressive, strong but sad photo.
I suppose it's one of those photos that doesn't make sense without knowing the story behind it. Sometimes a photo of child nudity can be a beautiful thing and show innocence, sometimes, like this, it can show a whole different story.
I drink therefore I am
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Davros6 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:39 pm I suppose Americans are used to school shootings, so an actual big siege like that would have been exciting to an American audience :D
I don't find it funny :naughty , a school shooting is outrageous.
Americans care little or nothing for them about giving more weapons to civilians, ironically I like weapons and shootings in movies but I don't like the way the average American is.
Davros6 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:39 pm I know we're getting a bit off topic here :D
I know I strayed but let's go back to the original topic and go to the bottom.
Not all movies, they should not necessarily appear nude unless the film warrants it (nudist beach, documentary) or if the actress or her parents object to the scene, in Pretty Baby it seemed forced where the photographer locks up Violet, there are other movies Where if I think the OT (sensitive content for new members) seems unnecessary, it should look natural artistic, not just show too much skin.

Regarding the American theme, there are some films, Angela is independent, The Crush although the scene used a double, many still think that it was not like that, and another recent film Encounter 2018 but where only angles are used camera not to beat Pretty Baby.
https://i.postimg.cc/1zxnQYCd/enc.png
https://i.postimg.cc/4ynNtz2t/encc.png
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   1 likes

Sully23 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:16 am Not all movies, they should not necessarily appear nude unless the film warrants it (nudist beach, documentary) or if the actress or her parents object to the scene, in Pretty Baby it seemed forced where the photographer locks up Violet, there are other movies Where if I think the OT (sensitive content for new members) seems unnecessary, it should look natural artistic, not just show too much skin.
It's like the topless beach scene with Stéphanie Billat in Deux enfoirés à Saint-Tropez, it's what Saint Tropez is famous for, but it makes you wonder if they did it on purpose, because earlier in the film we see her in a leotard and a swimsuit, almost showing off her body in tight clothing.
I suppose I'd class the nudity in Little Lips as quite artistic.

[Image]
[Image]
I drink therefore I am
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Davros6 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:59 am
Sully23 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:16 am Not all movies, they should not necessarily appear nude unless the film warrants it (nudist beach, documentary) or if the actress or her parents object to the scene, in Pretty Baby it seemed forced where the photographer locks up Violet, there are other movies Where if I think the OT (sensitive content for new members) seems unnecessary, it should look natural artistic, not just show too much skin.
It's like the topless beach scene with Stéphanie Billat in Deux enfoirés à Saint-Tropez, it's what Saint Tropez is famous for, but it makes you wonder if they did it on purpose, because earlier in the film we see her in a leotard and a swimsuit, almost showing off her body in tight clothing.
I suppose I'd class the nudity in Little Lips as quite artistic.

[Image]
[Image]
Here I thought I had seen all of @deadman‘s releases already!! Many thanks for bringing this Saint-Tropez film to my attention!
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   2 likes

goku33 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:23 am
Here I thought I had seen all of @deadman‘s releases already!! Many thanks for bringing this Saint-Tropez film to my attention!
I don't know if it's common to see 13 yr olds topless on the beach in Saint Tropez, I wouldn't mind going to find out, especially if they're as cute as stephanie

[Image]
I drink therefore I am
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Davros6 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:36 am
goku33 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:23 am
I don't know if it's common to see 13 yr olds topless on the beach in Saint Tropez, I wouldn't mind going to find out, especially if they're as cute as stephanie

[Image]
I haven’t been to Saint-Tropez but I assure you it wouldn’t and wasn’t a big deal on the regular nude beaches I visited in France as a child
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Davros6 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:39 pm

[Image]
I remember that end live on the news!
If I recall nearly 1000 teachers and children were held hostage for nearly 3 days in the gym with bombs in the air and wires set to detonate at the touch of one of the buttons. Barely enough room to stand. Given a human body is 100w of heat the temperature + the late summer heat meant the temperature rose to above 40C - so yeah, most stripped off to survive. Few, if any trips to bathrooms. Pretty awful. Things got more tense as the army laid seiege to the school. All a bit chaotic with no media exclusion zone. Some shooting started and the Russians went in. When at least some of the bombs in the gym detonated they all started pouring out of any bit of building they could find, with the army storming in and Russian snipers all around - crazy bad. Over 200 died I recall, mostly childten. Without getting political the Russians weren't going to let it end any other way - weren't going to give in to hostage takers. There's a documentary of the siege I haven't got around to watching "Beslan - 3 Days In Sept (2006)"