[REL] Communion AKA Alice, Sweet Alice (1976)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Communion AKA Alice, Sweet Alice (1976)

Post by ghost »   40 likes

For Brooke Shields fans:

They restored this old little horror pearl, gave new beautiful colors to it and released it on Blu-ray :)

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.28 Gb]

If you need English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [76.3 Kb]
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Thanks! Be interested to watch this! Not heard or seen it. The restoration looks impressive.
Madjure887

Post by Madjure887 »   0 likes

Who would have thought that just two years later, we'd be seeing little Brooke in her big breakout movie that made her a star and got her recognized the world over.I'm talking about none other than Pretty baby.Where we'd all get the unbelievable treat of seeing All of Brooke Shields,and i do mean ALL... completely unclothed in an unexpected shocking but very pleasant surprise sort of way.She sure looked different in this movie communion,or Alice sweet alice.Truthfully I think she was more beautiful in Pretty baby,had blossomed more.Communion was probably filmed in 1975,whereas Pretty baby was filmed in early 1977 i do believe as i read it someplace.Released in 1978.
Rhisis66

Post by Rhisis66 »   0 likes

Well, this video is pretty misleading :roll: and disturbing :lol: they were really Desperate to sell the movie

Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I have seen the movie at least twice, but I don't think I watched the trailer until now. The overly ripe narration was hilarious!
barracute

Post by barracute »   0 likes

Thanks, never heard of this but was a good movie, was nice to see early Brooke even though she wasn't in it much, but i did get a bit confused by the plot though, so i have a question but only look at this after you have seen the movie as the question does give away much of the plot with huge spoilers as there is no way to ask my question without spoilers!
Spoiler:

So did Alice kill Karen then or did Mrs Tredoni do all the killings, when the woman was shown killing the Dad that completely threw me because it all seemed to be pointing to Alice being the killer until then? So was (Karen) a complete bluff or were there two separate killers in this ??? The final moment with Alice picking up the bloody knife and with that funny look, even though we just saw Mrs Tredoni not her Kill Tom made no sense? Maybe its me but Like I said i found it confusing towards the end as nothing was really explained about Karen's murder, its clear what happened in the others but only because we actually saw Mrs Tredoni doing them but we were never shown or clearly told who killed Karen!!?? Also after viewing i looked up reviews and they say the film is about a child that is a serial killer but Karen is the only one that Alice could of killed, so even the reviews i have seen are confusing!?!
Night457
Global Moderator

Gee, I just watched this again a few months ago and now I still had to remind myself of the events ...

My interpretation/understanding, PLOT SPOILERS, do NOT read unless you have seen it:
Spoiler:

Mrs. Tredoni did all the killings. I do not remember precisely what Mrs. Tredoni had against Karen, but there was something that offended her rigid morality. Alice was jealous of her sister, neglected by her parents and certainly devious and manipulative but not a killer YET. She may be heading to being a sociopath. Or not. She could just become a normally monstrous teenager.

The filmmakers were faking everyone out deliberately: we were SUPPOSED to believe Alice was the killer, otherwise no movie. Many of the reviews (particularly older ones) were scathing and hysterical and they may have focused more on being offended than understanding the movie. More sympathetic (generally more recent) reviews may simply be continuing the moviemaker fake-out so the surprise is not spoiled! The reviews may say the child IS a serial killer when she merely APPEARS to be one.

Or they just interpret it differently than I do.
barracute

Post by barracute »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:37 am Gee, I just watched this again a few months ago and now I still had to remind myself of the events ...

My interpretation/understanding, PLOT SPOILERS, do NOT read unless you have seen it:
Spoiler:

Mrs. Tredoni did all the killings. I do not remember precisely what Mrs. Tredoni had against Karen, but there was something that offended her rigid morality. Alice was jealous of her sister, neglected by her parents and certainly devious and manipulative but not a killer YET. She may be heading to being a sociopath. Or not. She could just become a normally monstrous teenager.

The filmmakers were faking everyone out deliberately: we were SUPPOSED to believe Alice was the killer, otherwise no movie. Many of the reviews (particularly older ones) were scathing and hysterical and they may have focused more on being offended than understanding the movie. More sympathetic (generally more recent) reviews may simply be continuing the moviemaker fake-out so the surprise is not spoiled! The reviews may say the child IS a serial killer when she merely APPEARS to be one.

Or they just interpret it differently than I do.
Thanks for the reply
Spoiler:

Yes i think not being specific or clear about the Karen murder (even at the end) was deliberate, clearly the makers wanted to confuse the viewer rather then laying it all out nice clear. Even the stabbing of Aunt Annie, the mask was not removed during it, we only saw Alice before and after, not during it, so its not clear if that was her either!?! So its possible she didn't do any of the attacks but its clear she isn't right in the head, the incident with Mr Alphonso was the only one in which we clearly see Alice do something to someone but it was Mrs Tredoni who killed him. The ending was to indicate that she may, well probably will go on to murderous doings! So yes i don't think Karen killed anyone but this clearly laid the seeds in her to go on to further evil things, surprised no sequel was made showing her older or as an adult going on a killing spree after that ending!
Night457
Global Moderator

Yes, yes, yes! I agree with your psychological interpretation of that character.