[REL] Negerkys og labre larver (1987)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Negerkys og labre larver (1987)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks, pop. The download completed last night and we do have (at least) Danish subs. ;)
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

popdrome wrote:
Ziggy Plock wrote:Helle from Helsingor,
Ah yes I checked but I *think* she's only in 1 brief scene (at the dinner table), obviously fully dressed :lol:
This wasn't a remark about the Kiss and Larvea movie, but more about Skaldede Spogelse (with ot scene) and in general about her. Helsingør is where she's born.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:
popdrome wrote:
Ziggy Plock wrote:Helle from Helsingor,
Ah yes I checked but I *think* she's only in 1 brief scene (at the dinner table), obviously fully dressed :lol:
This wasn't a remark about the Kiss and Larvea movie, but more about Skaldede Spogelse (with ot scene) and in general about her. Helsingør is where she's born.
yep I know, no probs! just checked if I could find her :bdaysmile

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Thanks, pop. The download completed last night and we do have (at least) Danish subs. ;)
popdrome wrote:And yes Night there's a Danish subtitle track! I wouldn't know how to extract it but I'm sure you do. :icon_mf_type
I may have a hard time distinguishing Danish from Dutch, but ripping DVD subs I DO know how to do! So far I have just done quick automated OCR without manual corrections, just to see how many errors there would be. (Too many.)

I would be happy to do monitored OCR with live corrections, but not if somebody is working on it already. That would just be a waste of time. I am announcing my interest so somebody else does not waste their time, either. The most likely person to beat me to this is of course ghost. So, ghost, should I go ahead and do the OCR so we can start with a correct Danish subtitle? Or have you done it already?

I would like to free up some of your time so you can do something more challenging, like OCRing hardcoded subtitles on another movie. Or you can just kick back and watch a movie. :)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I*ve already ripped the Danish subs with Subtitle Edit and I am in the middle of the translation. Should be finished in some hours. ;)
So far I have just done quick automated OCR without manual corrections, just to see how many errors there would be. (Too many.)
That's strange. I didn't get many errors while doing the OCR thing.. :think
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:Or you can just kick back and watch a movie. :)
Well, from just *watching* the movie I got 75%... OTOH dear mr Night- sir I would PAY to have the 25% you produced with hard labour!

Or, ghost's work. your OR ghost's work whichever comes first :mrgreen:

Don't go quietly into the night.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   5 likes

Here's a rough translation of the Danish subtitles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Great, ghost -- thanks! This is why I said something before I dove right in. It would be silly for us to both do the OCR thingy simultaneously. In this case, I went to sleep after posting and you had it done when I woke up.

popdrome, I don't think ghost accepts Bitcoin anymore. ;) (But I think we are already "paying" each other anyway.)
ghost wrote:That's strange. I didn't get many errors while doing the OCR thing.. :think
Well, I think you have done this more than I have, so you probably have learned some tricks.

A few thoughts ---

* Since I started by just letting it OCR without manual correction, I did not stay and watch. I just took a quick look when it was done. I saw what looked like errors.

* I don't read Danish, so I am less likely to notice and be certain of errors without comparing it to the subtitle image.

* We may have different ideas of "too many" errors. I just assumed that if it looked wrong to me with my lack of knowledge of Danish, then there were likely more errors than that.

* Before going in to Subtitle Edit, I containered the ISO into an MKV. Maybe instead you extracted the ISO to VOB and got better results that way?

* We may use different OCR methods. I have changed mine a few times because I am not sure what is most effective, and there is one method that is total torture. Do you consistently use a particular method?

Binary image compare
Tesseract 3.02
Tesseract 5.00 Alpha
OCR via nOCR
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

popdrome, I don't think ghost accepts Bitcoin anymore.
Nah! I'm not picky. ;) Just give what you can afford. :lol:
Well, I think you have done this more than I have, so you probably have learned some tricks.
No, no tricks! I made a MKV too, using MakeMKV, then extracted the sub/idx files and imported them in Subtitle Edit.

I can't say what version of Tesseract I was using, because I already deleted the files :(

It always stopped, when a Danish word couldn't be recognized, but there weren't so many (maybe about 20?). I was done in about 10 minutes.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I also used MakeMKV, but I loaded the subtitles directly from the MKV rather than extracting sub/idx files. I don't see how that would make any difference in accuracy, however. I used Tesseract 5.00 (but on automatic, without it asking for user input). It is reassuring that I was doing basically the same as The Master!
ghost wrote:I was done in about 10 minutes.
Holy crap, that's crazy! Sometimes OCRing takes me an hour or more, particularly on DVD files. Blu-ray subtitle resolution is much higher so it has fewer errors. I thought for certain that I would have to spend time copy-pasting some æ ø å letters, despite having the Danish dictionaries loaded. I know that I have tediously corrected French accented vowels before. (I have never figured out an easy way to type them using my English keyboard, so I always copy-paste.)

I am glad it was not a chore for you. Apparently you spent much more time on the translation! I can see right away that it is way better than my uncorrected machine translation from the unmonitored OCR.