[REL] Badhuset (1989) short [Sweden]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
mongodisco

Re: [REL] Badhuset av Marcelo Racana (1989)

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

Hi Orionpax

can you give me some advice on how to set the settings and actually operate it? For sure its not very userfriendly. I was reading through the creators guide at doom9, but i didn't understand much, as it seems like alot of the things mentioned, isn't to be found in newer versions.

Edit: the job is just to big to do this manually. At least for now i don't have the time to do this job (i'm finishing my thesis these days, so time is short).
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Waiting patiently. I realize it is a big job. The way the subs have been hardcoded makes it very difficult to extract (half on the video and half on the black space below). It will have to be done by hand.

Would it help if I made Norwegian subs that you could translate? Don't know any Norwegian, but I can just type what I see.
mongodisco

It's the timing that will take some time.. i've done 5 min of runtime in about 25 min. I will have better time later during easterholiday. Don't expect anything before end of the week.
emuler

Thanks. :D Whenever you have time. After your thesis is done is fine; I won't go into a decline if the subs are late. :)
OrionPax

Post by OrionPax »   0 likes

mongodisco wrote:Hi Orionpax

can you give me some advice on how to set the settings and actually operate it? For sure its not very userfriendly. I was reading through the creators guide at doom9, but i didn't understand much, as it seems like alot of the things mentioned, isn't to be found in newer versions.

Edit: the job is just to big to do this manually. At least for now i don't have the time to do this job (i'm finishing my thesis these days, so time is short).
It would actually be easier if I did the job myself than explain it :) This video was a bit tricky, in fact I had to use a AviSynth script to make the subtitles more perceptible so that AVISubDetector would detect them… oh yeah here it is:

Badehuset.VHSrip-XviD.NORSUB.Barnpiraterna_NEF_.no.srt.html

OK, it's all pretty much done, you can use that to make the English subs, there’s only a few of the smaller subs missing that I noticed and the lines that should be in Italics are not, but I'll fix them up tomorrow sometime, that'll make your job a bit easier :)
mongodisco

thanx orionpax..

this was great news on a day not going my way
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

great work OrionPax! :icon_cool2

Any chance to get english or german subs for this movie? :think
emuler

ghost wrote:great work OrionPax! :icon_cool2

Any chance to get english or german subs for this movie? :think
mongodisco has already promised to do the translation into English (when he can spare the time, of course). OrionPax has helped to get the hardcoded Norwegian subs into srt format (he's right, it is tricky - maybe he'll teach me how to do it sometime), so now mongodisco can get on with the translation without messing around with the technical stuff (once the subs are in srt format you can do it in Notepad if you like).
mongodisco

I know. Will start this evening. Have to go to the university now.
OrionPax

Post by OrionPax »   0 likes

OK, All DONE :icon_smoke

Badehuset.VHSrip-XviD.NORSUB.Barnpiraterna_NEF_.no.srt
  • * Timings corrected.
    * Missing subs added.
    * Italic subs Italicised.
:icon_thumbsup