[REL] Unna ja Nuuk (2005)

satgek

Re: [REL] Unna ja Nuuk (2005)

Post by satgek »   0 likes

what is Reshared.how work this can you tell my please i like to see this movie
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

satgek wrote:what is Reshared.how work this can you tell my please i like to see this movie
The movie is reshared, which means I put the file back into the shared folder. I think I already saw you (or somebody with the same nick) downloading it. Note that my connection is currently throttled; it will be faster in few hours.
satgek

Post by satgek »   0 likes

ok thanks BizarreLoveTriangle,and yes i was downloud them now it always in waiting list .
nice that you help my
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   40 likes

Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I had to actually work to find a reasonable plot synopsis for this, translated from the Russian:
The modern girl Unna magically travels back to prehistoric times and meets the primitive boy Nuuk.
Full uncensored English synopsis that gives away the WHOLE FILM here: https://www.rarefilmfinder.com/movie.php?id=7980

Thank you! I look forward to checking this out! I will try to forget the English entire plot summary before I watch it. (With my brain function, that will not take long ...)
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Thanks again for your generosity, ghost. This looks like another film that I'll quite enjoy, enough that I am keeping myself away from synopses and all but the barest glance at thumbnails!

NOTE OF INTEREST: Imdb says the dialogue for the movie was written in a sort of "Proto-Finnic" language which was reconstructed by Jouko Koivisto. Any Finnish speakers that can comment on this?

I am highly curious as I love this sort of stuff. Retooling language can really add to immersion for me personally. I still have fond memories of the lingo spoken by the tribe of children in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
Night457
Global Moderator

What, it wasn't Australian? I guess I need to watch MM3 again if I don't remember.

I see now what I said in my previous post. My "brain function" has proven as reliable as I expected, and I can now no longer remember the entire plot summary I read less than 6 weeks ago. Great! That means I can safely watch it now. It is so nice that I no longer have to worry about reading spoilers. :icon_old I can not claim to have developed wisdom, but I am pleased to discover that there are still some advantages to getting older. :lol:
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Wow. The girl looks awsome and I never heard from that movie. So thanks for sharing and the upscaling.
[Image]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:What, it wasn't Australian? I guess I need to watch MM3 again if I don't remember.
I see now what I said in my previous post. My "brain function" has proven as reliable as I expected, and I can now no longer remember the entire plot summary I read less than 6 weeks ago. Great! That means I can safely watch it now. It is so nice that I no longer have to worry about reading spoilers. :icon_old I can not claim to have developed wisdom, but I am pleased to discover that there are still some advantages to getting older. :lol:
I know exactly what you mean. I deliberately attempt to achieve this affect when looking at thumbs or plot descriptions. Strange how the more I try to use more brevity, the more I am keen to remember it though! That said, it's great being able to rewatch something you've forgotten all about and it's like watching it for the first time.

As for MM3, the tribe's dialect was not just Australian English but appears deliberately written to make them distinct, as if they had been isolated in their oasis for many years. The best part is, their unique dialogue is well intertwined with their apparent culture and beliefs, so it doesn't sound arbitrary and contrived, a difficult line to tread. You recall them "doing the tell" when they assemble and orate their beginnings, after the "pok-eclipse" and their goal to reach "tomorrow-morrow land." Rather than being trite, their language is rich and maybe a bit tricky to follow at first. Check out this snippet I dug up:
- That’s the trick of it. Who’s coming?
- Across the Nothing? Don’t you ‘member? When you’s finded him, he were half jumped by Mr. Dead.
- Nobody’s saying it ain’t a hard slog. We knows that now. But if we wants the knowing and the doing of things, there ain’t no easy ride.
- There ain’t no knowing and there ain’t no doing! There ain’t no skyraft and there ain’t no sonic. You slog out there to nothing!
- Whoever’s got the juice, track with us.
So shrewd, fantastic dialogue! Sorry I get carried away with this sort of thing. I am curious to what extent it was done by Mr. Koivisto.
Night457
Global Moderator

I too find creative use of language fascinating. I just am not sure I would notice the difference between Finnish and proto-Finnish, although I have watched a handful of Finnish films. The wordplay in MM3 is pretty clear from your example.