[REL] Sabine Kleist, sieben Jahre (1982)

Sully23

Re: [REL] Sabine Kleist, sieben Jahre (1982)

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:I do not like your theory, but that is only because I think and fear it is probably correct!
Fortunately we learned about the real reasons but I must understand if it was only because of those policies that it only limited its diffusion to its country of origin and I do not know why they only have to resort to YouTube, you can also create a verified account in Dailymotion is more European and not They have unjust policies like the American giant or also Videa until the Russian OK you can find movies without restrictions.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

AGAIN: No need to worry. This video is just geo-restricted and only viewable with a German IP. That's all.

And thanks to reptile12 for releasing it. :)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   67 likes

Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

THANK YOU, reptile12 and ghost for ensuring that those of us outside Germany without VPNs can actually see this award-winning film in HD!

:thumbsup
Sully23 wrote:but I must understand if it was only because of those policies that it only limited its diffusion to its country of origin
I am glad I am not the only one to have these paranoid thoughts! :D However, I can promise that Youtube is unlikely to reveal its reasons to anyone but the channel seeking to post a video.

In the United States it might be an issue of distribution rights: the University of Massachusetts sells a DEFA-licensed English-subtitled DVD (which I have), and Kanopy streams the movie to University students / faculty / public library members. So even though there is potential for censorship problems (or hysterical avoidance of potentially controversial material), it does not seem to be the case here.
Last edited by Night457 on Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Are the subtitles posted earlier compatible with this release?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   4 likes

I do not have the katzenjammer 2009 subtitles, so I can not speak for them.

Corrected English subtitles synced to ghost's file.
Sabine Kleist, 7 Jahre... (1982).1080p.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Night457 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
emuler

Post by emuler »   20 likes

Thanks, Night457. :D Shared on eMule:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [30.3 Kb]
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

It's a great movie vom the GDR who showing a little bit of the life in that old republic. I got in the past the chance to see a special Screening in the Cinema with the Director and the Actress who played Sabine in the past.
The Director told, that it was not so easy to shoot the film, because there was a lot of surveillance.

Sadly the Director is died a bit later.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

Well. The files of ghost and reptile12 have different frame rates, so reptile12's is almost 3 minutes longer!

English subtitles synced to the reptile12 file:
Sabine Kleist, 7 Jahre … - Spielfilm (ganzer Film auf Deutsch) - DEFA-KpRVuDtF_AM.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:Well. The files of ghost and reptile12 have different frame rates, so reptile12's is almost 3 minutes longer!

English subtitles synced to the reptile12 file:

Sabine Kleist, 7 Jahre … - Spielfilm (ganzer Film auf Deutsch) - DEFA-KpRVuDtF_AM.zip
cool thanks for the subs!
also for anyone curious I didn't re-encode or do anything to the file, it was straight youtube-dl -> share (re frame rate)