[REQ] Okaasan to isshou (2003)

Tsuichi1

[REQ] Okaasan to isshou (2003)

Post by Tsuichi1 »   0 likes

Does anyone know of any episodes of Okaasan to Isshou (translation for "Mother and Me") It was a kids show that was shown in the 80's in Japan, that involved a little girl and her mother, that always ended in a very OT scene... bathing :)

Anyone know of these, or know where there's been releases? :pray
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Okaasan to isshou

Post by kev »   0 likes

All I can find from IMDB is a page on a same named TV series that played in 2003. No mention of a 1980's show:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0366061/

It seems to be titled, 'With My Mother In Law'.

I also found a couple links to the DVD sale:
http://www.jdorama.com/drama.662.htm

http://www.doramalover.com/vcd/o/ookasan.htm

The first link has THIS synopsis of the show:

At a lunch-box delivery shop in an old part of Tokyo, a mother-in-law and daughter-in-law are bickering yet once again. Should bath water be drained from the tub or saved? Should food in the refrigerator be thrown out or kept? How should the household budget be spent? "These two never seem to run out of things to fight about" the daughter-in-law's husband thinks to himself.

Married for three years, the daughter-in-law is 28. She works helping out at her husband's lunch-box delivery shop and has a daily schedule busy enough to make her head spin. Blessed with a good head on her shoulders and a flair for athletics, she is the kind of person that takes action before the words come out of her mouth. Her one problem is the fact that she is overly opinionated.

When she was five-years-old, the daughter-in-law lost her mother. And when she was 20, her father passed away forcing her to have to drop out of college and start working. She finds herself changing jobs often. It may be that her experiences have caused her to be a lot more mature than other girls her age...
There's more to it than that, but it doesn't really sound like a lot of time is spent on the daughter-in-law as a child... And the pix don't seem to show any children...

[Image]

Re-reading your synopsis, it is definitely NOT the same show: :(
Tsuichi1 wrote:Does anyone know of any episodes of Okaasan to Isshou (translation for "Mother and Me") It was a kids show that was shown in the 80's in Japan, that involved a little girl and her mother, that always ended in a very OT scene... bathing :)

Anyone know of these, or know where there's been releases? :pray
Sorry. I'll keep looking, though... (Are you sure that's the right name for that particular TV series? Slight variations in spelling make a big difference sometimes...) :think

kev.
Tsuichi1

Post by Tsuichi1 »   0 likes

I've actually already seen this one - it's not that great a series. The one on TV in Japan was loosely based on Sesame Street for kids here in the states.

Oh yes, there was another kids' series called "The Boomerang" which was produced in Australia. I have yet to see reposts of those!
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

More info...

Okaasan to isshou

This might be Okâsan to issho ?

I found no mention of a 1980's show, only the 2003 children's educational series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366061/
IMDb wrote:This is a very cute children's show in Japan. It has a boy/girl combo that sings (each one wears their own color...much like The Wiggles) and there are other people who sing and dance. They travel and perform in large venues with lots and lots of children. It is very cute. One part of the show is the "dance theme" of the day. My favorite day was "Thriller Thursday" (the children then proceeded to dance like they were in Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video). There are also sections of the show that involve large puffy blob creatures that look like amusement park mascots. They are the ones that go around Japan and find the children that get to be in the "dance of the day" segment. If you ever get a chance to see this, I would highly recommend it. It is on NHK.
This YouTube video is fairly representative.

There are lots of other clips on YouTube. It's cute, but I can't watch much of this without my toenails curling and my teeth clenching. :lol: