[REL] Mariken (2000)

popdrome

[REL] Mariken (2000)

Post by popdrome »   15 likes

A new widescreen Dutch DVB rip of this peculiar Dutch/Belgian co-production.

see: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239593/

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

starring Laurien from Moonlight: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=2233

Like this post to see ed2k links  [824.59 Mb]
redcat

Re: [REL] Mariken (2000)

Post by redcat »   9 likes

I made mistake :blush

It's this one I requested:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.96 Mb]

But where I got this link... :think

Preview of mine show

[Image][Image]

But it miss 22 mo so don't download it, you will lose your time/space

Anyway your version (824 mb) was incomplete on emule so thanks for resharing it.
But now I need 824 mb instead of 22...

...It seems I cheated you. :icon_sorry
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   10 likes

ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   7 likes

katzenjammer wrote:I have it still shared.

Thank Katz ;) never heard this b4
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   29 likes

Guys I've reshared my ages old rip. I think it's more than 10 years old so mind you, the quality isn't very good.
I've looked and I would've sworn I had the DVD but can't find it anywhere.
ghost wrote:Intersting story... You really composed the music for this movie? In this case, I'll listen again ;)
I guess you're at least listed in the film credits.. If so, everyone here knows your name now :o :o :o
The guy in the credits was actually my employer. I always use a moniker too.

Oops, just in case the old hash don't work;

Don't go quietly into the night.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   10 likes

ghost wrote:i got a german digital TV recording. If you want it, i will share it ;)
Pardon me for asking, mr. ghost, but do you still have this digital TV recording? I don't mind if it's in German. How does its quality compare to the dvdrip available? And would you still be willing to share it when you have time and bandwidth?

Someone has shared the Mariken novel on emule. I've downloaded it. It is probably in Dutch language but I haven't opened it yet to verify. I will be checking this out though!

Like this post to see ed2k links  [954.5 Kb]

edit: This is so cool! I love Dutch language very much and I was honestly hoping the book was in it's original language. I don't know much Dutch, but google seems to translate the text seamlessly. I tried DeepL also, and it perhaps does a slightly better job. Now if I can just find Sunu virs un Tille!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   18 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:35 amIndeed, the word on the street is that DeepL generally does better translation on large texts where it can use the surrounding context. I have not done that myself, however. I just like spreading rumors.

I have also looked for higher quality video of the movie over the past months, but have found precious little. The best looking one I have found is this German-language version:

https://ok.ru/video/3709659515558
Thanks for that link, I think the quality difference is noticeable. I haven't been able to find too much either, and I accidentally downloaded the wrong Mariken movie TWICE (another Netherlands movie called Mariken van Nieumeghen often abbreviate to Mariken), though I did find this on a torrent somewhere:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.34 Gb]

It appears to be marginally better quality. Some of the larger filesize may be attributed to the additional Russian voiceover (on by default), but perhaps not all 500 megs. The audio sounds better to me, too. On audio, did you mean Dutch language for the version here?
[EDIT: Holy cow! That translation is fantastic!]
I know, right!! It has pretty much nailed the "children's novel" opening style. I am going through and machine-translating it a little bit at a time. I've never done this for an epub before and I'm looking at trying to make it do more than 5000 letters at a time. It's super exciting because I'll have a perfectly readable story afterwards! I get very excited with this sort of stuff!

edit: oh by the way, the google translation is nearly as good as deepl, and often nearly identical! However, deepl often has slightly better word choices in some areas, however, google sometimes gets it better as well. For example, in the first line, google says gooseberries, and deepl says "goose oaks" (but offers a list of alternate that range from "barn" to "greens"). Google offers the alternative "goosey-ganders", a phrase I have never heard before.

google offers title of Archibald's book as "Mankind is a farce" whereas deepl offers a better feeling "The Human Race is a Farce" and even recognizes it as a title and thus uses the proper English capitalization scheme not used in the Dutch in this case.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   37 likes

I've read all your brilliant contributions guys and I didn't chip in.. I'm so sorry!

Yes the translation is so difficult because it contains Nether-dutch, Limburgish, Antwerp-dutch, and brabantish, which are all dutch / english forms but very hard to translate.

I will try to make subs for this 4 series (yes I have found the 4 series) AS WE SPEAK..

I give this to you without explanation. I will tell you I have authored all 4 episodes.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [447.38 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [461.24 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [442.75 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [364.60 Mb]

Don't go quietly into the night.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   16 likes

Thanks, pillowbaker!

Yes, you really put a lot of work into it. I know how frustrating it is, when Whisper gives you just nonsense in some parts. I also try to use different methods, if the 1. transcription is disappointing. Often I cut out a scene from a video and do it again and again, until the transcription gives me logical result.

Did I mention that I upscaled the German dubbed movie some time ago?

Maybe someone wants it:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.09 Gb]