Hounddog

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
casper

Re: The Hounddog

Post by casper »   0 likes

DAMN NO TRAILER YET AND NO MORE INFO AT MOMENT BUT I'VE READ THAT THIS MOVIE IS SUSPENDED FOR NO MONEY FOUNDS....IS TRUE?
Not according to this . . .

"Fanning's carefully choreographed rape scene has already been filmed. But then the production - which also stars Robin Wright Penn, David Morse and Piper Laurie - was shut down for lack of funds. Penn, who's also an executive producer, gave a pep talk to the dispirited cast in the days leading up to the shutdown. The desperate producer, Jen Gatien, daughter of former club czar Peter Gatien, sent out an SOS to New York entertainment entrepreneur Lawrence Robins. Robins located emergency investors, filming resumed, and the movie is scheduled to wrap tomorrow"
fwtt

Post by fwtt »   0 likes

Yay :D
NRJ

Post by NRJ »   0 likes

WOW ART! u a member here too, lol
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

There are rumored to be a number of graphic, "horrific" scenes in the movie, including a scene where Fanning's character is raped, and others where she appears to be naked or just in "underpants"[2]. According to sources close to the production, "The two taboos in Hollywood are child abuse and the killing of animals. In this movie, both things happen[2]." The production coordinator for "Hounddog" says Dakota fanning was wearing a body suit during the entire rape scene and there was a child welfare worker on the set, along with Dakota's agent and her mother[3]. The production coordinator estimates the rape scene will only take up about a minute of the entire feature-length film. She says it's shot above the shoulders, using Dakota's facial expressions to tell the story
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:...The production coordinator for "Hounddog" says Dakota fanning was wearing a body suit during the entire rape scene and there was a child welfare worker on the set, along with Dakota's agent and her mother...
I wonder if THIS much attention was allotted Jenna Malone [both by the filmmakers AND the media!] when she filmed the rape scene [or the 'molestation' scene, for that matter!] in 'Bastard Out of Carolina'...

Not that I'm complaining: THAT was a VERY powerful rape scene, but while Jenna's expressions were beyond belief in displaying the horror of the situation, it was pretty graphic; more so than THIS scene sounds to be...

I never heard a PEEP about any contention over the filming of THAT scene before it was shown on Showtime!! In fact, I remember being SHOCKED and surprised by the scene; WONDERING why I had not heard of any controversy!!

I guess nobody cared about how it would affect Jenna... And look at her NOW!.. Her life was RUINED by that movie! ;) :wall

Sarcasm aside, I think TOO much attention has been focused on this movie, all because of Dakota: It's a movie; she's an actress. Let her do her job!!

Taxi Driver did NOT screw up Jodi Foster.
Pretty Baby did NOT screw up Brooke Shields.
Bastard Out of Carolina did NOT screw up Jenna Malone.
(There could be some argument that 'The Exorcist' kinda screwed up Linda Blair; but HEY! she got screwed by Satan! [If you don't count the 'Crucifix scene... :eyecrazy ] LOL! )
And Hound Dog will NOT screw up Dakota Fanning.

IN FACT: Most of the problems you hear about with 'Child Star's' lives becoming TOTAL WRECKS deal more with the LIFESTYLE they become involved in due to HOLLYWOOD's ummm; 'eccentricities'! Not any particular 'SCENE' they participated in on film..... :wall

These are movies.

(Rant over! :bigups )

kev.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

WE CAN ONLY IMAGINE, BUT BEFORE TO VIEW.....IS BETTER DO NOT TO DO COMMENTS....ONLY IMPRESSIONS. REMEMBER THE SCENE ABOUT A "VIOLENT" SCENE IN "L'IMMORALITA'".... ;)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ARTHORIUS wrote:WE CAN ONLY IMAGINE, BUT BEFORE TO VIEW.....IS BETTER DO NOT TO DO COMMENTS....ONLY IMPRESSIONS. REMEMBER THE SCENE ABOUT A "VIOLENT" SCENE IN "L'IMMORALITA'".... ;)
lol
This whole thread is nothing but comments and speculation...

'L'Imoralita' is an Italian film. There are MANY foreign films that deal with sex and violence amoung adolescents. Many available here. ;)

Being that 'Hound Dog' is an American release, it is generating a lot of controversy in the US. My comments dealt with other AMERICAN made movies that caused controversy with similar themes involving young actresses... :wall

kev.
ARTHORIUS

Untitled Dakota Fanning Project

VIEW THIS...

Plot Outline: A drama set in the American South, where a precocious, troubled girl (Fanning) finds a safe haven in the music and movement of Elvis Presley

Comments:
Status Updated: 27 July 2006
Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely

Also Known As:
Hounddog (USA) (working title)
Language: English
Color: Color

Trivia: Headlines about the rape scene came out on July 21, 2006, the very day that the movie wrapped filming

ANYONE HAVE MORE INFO?
Debaser

Re: Untitled Dakota Fanning Project

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Hello

I think this topic covers as much as we have -

https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=2632

Unless I got the wrong end of the stick.

Personally speaking, I have a feeling OT moments will be few and far between, and certain scenes will be less controversial than Bastard out Of Carolina.
ARTHORIUS

Re: Untitled Dakota Fanning Project

Debaser wrote:Personally speaking, I have a feeling OT moments will be few and far between, and certain scenes will be less controversial than Bastard out Of Carolina.
BUT IN BASTARD OUT OF CAROLINA DON'T SEE NOTHING....