[REL] "The Queen's Nose" TV SER 1995

billanben

[REL] "The Queen's Nose" TV SER 1995

Post by billanben »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112133/

This is an excellently entertaining series being repeated in UK at the moment I think, and has very cute actresses (there have been a couple of series at least). That is a bonus because it stands alone as a highly amusing concept and example of how to write good childrens TV without going OTT, or having to use animation. Special effects are OK.

Can't find on EM so may have to resort to buying from BBC if nobody has this.

Thanks

IMDB : I don't think the previous writer really understood the concept behind the Queen's Nose...it's based on a book of the same name by the brilliant children's author Dick King-Smith. In the book (as in the early series) Harmony is given a magical 50 pence piece with an unusual design on (a wreath made of clasped hands - these were the old 50 pence pieces) and a riddle to solve. Once she solves the riddle, she discovers that by rubbing the coin exactly on the spot where the Queen's nose is (on the profile of the queen on the coin) she is granted one wish out of a total of seven. The book (and the first series) dealt with her ensuing adventures. Admittedly the later series were tired and had little to do with the original story, but the first few were great and were (mainly) true to the book. I thought they were great when they first appeared on television - one of my weekly television highlights! (After having watched the series and read the book I even came across an old 50 pence piece with the same design and half believed it would grant me wishes too - well, I was a lot younger then!)The acting and the pace were both well executed - well worth watching.
loverboy

Re: [REL] "The Queen's Nose" TV SER 1995

Post by loverboy »   6 likes

Here we go...........
I'll try to release episodes as they're transmitted. Bear in mind I am of limited intellect &
a reminder from members (by PM?) when next being broadcast would help jog my memory.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [252.70 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [249.76 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [248.71 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [247.45 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [249.34 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [261.20 Mb]

Enjoy!
whohas

Re: [REL] "The Queen's Nose" TV SER 1995

Post by whohas »   7 likes

yeah if you want the earlier series and not a fan of torrents you can grab them from here, I will have them sharing for a few weeks, PM me on mule for a friend slot if you need:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [949.49 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [935.49 Mb]

(thanks BLT and anybody else who can share :) the previous mentioned )