[REL] Oedipus Orca (1977)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Oedipus Orca (1977)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

FLL wrote:Sometimes it pays to read the whole thread... same file was already posted.
I did read the whole thread, and there was controversy over whether the two films were the same. I did check to see if the one I posted was different - I looked at the last 6 characters of Debaser's link when I hovered over it, but since it was so long, the entire link didn't display - the last characters shown were different so I assumed the files were different too. The file Rich posted was different and wafaschaanti's last message implied La Orca was still not available at that time.
Phuzzy4242 wrote:I may have a source for La Orca - will update if it checks out.
I purposely posted that so someone could tell me if I was wasting my time. I went ahead and posted the link since I could verify it was correct. I'm ready to give up - I screw up even when I do all the obvious checks... and the congregation all said "Amen!"
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I'm ready to give up - I screw up even when I do all the obvious checks... and the congregation all said "Amen!"
No......we'll not be saying that, but what can I say? You've certainly been incredibly unlucky in your efforts to bring fresh material here which is a shame, considering you're quite clearly no idiot. You obviously want to help as much as you can which is admirable but my advice is to take a deep breath & possibly look to deriving more enjoyment & satisfaction for yourself out of FLM rather than getting bogged down with forever feeling you've got to contribute more. You seem to enjoy the material here so enjoy it & fuck the rest of them!.......you've contributed enough here already with your reviews & excellent sharing record coupled with a general willingness to help others so chill & max-out on what's on offer! I used to have feelings along the same lines as you are having & yes, we're all different, but I found a far more realistic & selfish approach to life here, coupled with an occasional rant & general piss-take allowed me to view FLM as a more level playing field. A sobering thought is that the regular contributors & FLM are really stuck with each other........we're hardly likely to be welcomed with open arms elsewhere, so nobody wants to hear about giving up & I'm certainly too lazy to be bothered picking up toys that have been thrown out of prams!
Keep the faith!

lb
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:
Phuzzy4242 wrote:I'm ready to give up - I screw up even when I do all the obvious checks... and the congregation all said "Amen!"
No......we'll not be saying that...
Keep the faith!

lb
Ditto to everything that lb said that I left out!! :thumbsup

I think we all feel the way you do sometimes. Keep chugging. (Anything you can palate.. ;) ) Chin up!

kev.
ldieguez_

Post by ldieguez_ »   0 likes

Oedipus Orca (1977)

DVDRip DviX @ 960kbps | 25fps | 592 x 384 | Italian MP3 @ 128 | EN .srt | 01:29:45 | 705MB + 5%

Admin Note: megaupload links removed.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   11 likes

these are English subs for the vhs rip.

they do not sync with the dvdrip and I am still looking for those. I had high hopes for the links Ldieguez_ posted as he wrote it included English .srt but the post is missing part 8 :wall

Like this post to see ed2k links  [45.0 Kb]

perhaps these can be reworked to match the higher quality rip :pray
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I've been down the road of "subs don't sync up" with this movie before. Too much naming confusion and different versions, gave up, wasn't as simple as adjusting for framerate or delay etc. Don't know if it was those particular subs though.
ptguardian wrote:I had high hopes for the links Ldieguez_ posted as he wrote it included English .srt but the post is missing part 8 :wall
Apparently nobody else tried, props to you. :clap
Here's part 8, see if it helps.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0GCV079I
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

that was the missing part, but another vhs rip and the .srt doesn't sync either :wall

Thank you anyway :cool
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

In that case, I'll remove the links.

Funny thing: the first thing I did to try to find the missing part 8 was to google another of the parts. It hit one one of those sites which crawls the web for dd links. It also only had 7 links though, so I clicked on the "take me to the site where you found these links"... and it was this thread. :eyecrazy
idler

Post by idler »   43 likes

ptguardian wrote:these are English subs for the vhs rip.

they do not sync with the dvdrip and I am still looking for those. I had high hopes for the links Ldieguez_ posted as he wrote it included English .srt but the post is missing part 8 :wall

Like this post to see ed2k links  [45.0 Kb]

perhaps these can be reworked to match the higher quality rip :pray
So what? The .srt is in perfect sync with the 704 MB vhs rip it was posted with. The 843 MB dvd rip starts about 9 seconds later with text and ends up nearly 1:50 longer, so you have to change every single time mark by hand. If you want the dvd rip with subs, you better move, cause I don't think anybody will do that for fun! :icon_1whip

The actual dvd rips of both movies (without subs, lol):

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.92 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.95 Mb]
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Thanks idler :thumbsup

I could use a 4th and 5th copy :eyecrazy

You are always good for a laugh. I am still chuckling over FirstLoveClips :cool