[REL] Dreamchild (1985)

billanben

[REL] Dreamchild (1985)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089052/

Very moody and stylish movie - whose plot switches between three venues - the 1860s when Lewis Carroll introduced the Wonderland tales to young Alice and her sisters - the 1930s when the aged Alice visited the U.S. months before her death - and the surreal world of the Alice in Wonderland stories with story characters portrayed by wickedly designed Jim Henson puppets

Four actresses stand out in my memory - Coral Browne as the starchy old Alice - Amelia Shankley as the young selfcentered Alice - Nicola Cowper as old Alices companion and love interest to the young American reporter played by Peter Gallagher - and - in a small role - Caris Corfman as a wistful newspaper reporter - in addition to many fine British and American actors

My only gripe is Ian Holm's age - Holm was in his early 50s when he portrayed Lewis Carroll - who was closer to 30 when he first told the stories - there were concerns in his time about the purity of his interest in his child friends and photography subjects - such as Alice - Ian Holm brings that frightfully to life

This film took great care in evoking the respective time periods - using beautiful set designs and photography - as a result - the movie is itself an exotic journey into other times and places - with Alice still as protagonist

Quite simply a stunningly beautiful and well-written movie with wonderful performances, scary moments, and an unrequited love.

This is a MUST have.

Thanks - not on EM
popdrome

Re: [REL] Dreamchild 1985

Post by popdrome »   15 likes

rmt@36 wrote:I have this on VHS, I will add it to the list of movies to release in the future.

Just wait a little while and I will get to it
messages must have crossed - it's already on eMule now. For billanben!

http://lostmoviesarchive.com/movie.php?id=135

[Image]

A HQ DVB rip. This is a beautiful one, featuring the lovely Amelia Shankley and the equally beautiful Imogen Boorman. Too bad the girls have so little screentime.

there you go:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [861.67 Mb]

enjoy. :bdaysmile
FLL

Re: [REL] Dreamchild 1985

Post by FLL »   20 likes

Thanks gv! :bigups
Nice upgrade.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [979.69 Mb]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

File Name .......: Dreamchild.1985.DVDRip.avi
File Size .......: 979.69 MB
Duration ........: 01:34:19

Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1324 KB/s
Resolution ......: 640 x 360
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.77:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS

Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
beatpats4

Re: [REL] Dreamchild (1985)

Post by beatpats4 »   33 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.10 Gb]
chronologicl edit if any1's intrestd . . .
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Dreamchild (1985)

Post by Night457 »   37 likes

David32441 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:48 pm Anyone pulled that and sharing it to eMule?
I am not 100% clear which "that" you mean. I am now resharing the beatpats4 chronological edit AND I am sharing one of the RARBG files:

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

1080p English original cut, external English & English SDH subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.80 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [91.2 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [98.2 Kb]
Dreamchild 1985 EN&EN-sdh.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.