[REL] Dreamchild (1985)

billanben

[REL] Dreamchild (1985)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089052/

Very moody and stylish movie - whose plot switches between three venues - the 1860s when Lewis Carroll introduced the Wonderland tales to young Alice and her sisters - the 1930s when the aged Alice visited the U.S. months before her death - and the surreal world of the Alice in Wonderland stories with story characters portrayed by wickedly designed Jim Henson puppets

Four actresses stand out in my memory - Coral Browne as the starchy old Alice - Amelia Shankley as the young selfcentered Alice - Nicola Cowper as old Alices companion and love interest to the young American reporter played by Peter Gallagher - and - in a small role - Caris Corfman as a wistful newspaper reporter - in addition to many fine British and American actors

My only gripe is Ian Holm's age - Holm was in his early 50s when he portrayed Lewis Carroll - who was closer to 30 when he first told the stories - there were concerns in his time about the purity of his interest in his child friends and photography subjects - such as Alice - Ian Holm brings that frightfully to life

This film took great care in evoking the respective time periods - using beautiful set designs and photography - as a result - the movie is itself an exotic journey into other times and places - with Alice still as protagonist

Quite simply a stunningly beautiful and well-written movie with wonderful performances, scary moments, and an unrequited love.

This is a MUST have.

Thanks - not on EM
rmt@36

Re: [REL] Dreamchild 1985

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

I have this on VHS, I will add it to the list of movies to release in the future.

Just wait a little while and I will get to it
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   15 likes

rmt@36 wrote:I have this on VHS, I will add it to the list of movies to release in the future.

Just wait a little while and I will get to it
messages must have crossed - it's already on eMule now. For billanben!

http://lostmoviesarchive.com/movie.php?id=135

[Image]

A HQ DVB rip. This is a beautiful one, featuring the lovely Amelia Shankley and the equally beautiful Imogen Boorman. Too bad the girls have so little screentime.

there you go:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [861.67 Mb]

enjoy. :bdaysmile
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Hey popdrome who are you? Your recently releases are very impressive and massive. Good job dude :thumbsup
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Thanks Popdrome
I watched this recently and loved it. The whole film just brings you to the magical world of childhood innocence, and of the pure love felt by Lewis Caroll for the child - nothing nasty just love. And the way the characters like the Mad Hatter et al reflect the demons in the older Alice is just genius. This is truly a stunning film.
gillesvolta

Post by gillesvolta »   0 likes

dvdrip

Admin Note: megaupload links deleted.
plonkah

Post by plonkah »   0 likes

Thanks Gillesvolta !!!
FLL

Post by FLL »   20 likes

Thanks gv! :bigups
Nice upgrade.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [979.69 Mb]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

File Name .......: Dreamchild.1985.DVDRip.avi
File Size .......: 979.69 MB
Duration ........: 01:34:19

Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1324 KB/s
Resolution ......: 640 x 360
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.77:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS

Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i grabbed this too with intention of posting,but hesitated after recent 'upgrade' scandals. :cool
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

A TVRip (which by definition is an analog rip) to a DVDRip (which by definition is digital) with similar bitrates is almost always an upgrade. Usually only if the DVD is cut or really badly done is it not one.

Even so, before I posted I compared the two rips; the new one was clearly superior. I think popfrome woiuld agree.

I renamed the file from the archive so it was clear it was a DVDRip. How anyone who saves and collects ever keeps straight what they have if the filename is just the movie name is beyond me, I can't do it. Though a lot of people do.