[REL] Heidi (2001) [Switzerland]

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Heidi (2001) [Switzerland]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Hey, ghost, could you verify for me whether your 2001 version is in German or is it in Swiss German? I just CALLED it "Swiss German" in my post because that is what IMDB said, but looking for subtitles I found a DVD that has two different audio tracks. I want to be certain what I am listening to!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Hey, ghost, could you verify for me whether your 2001 version is in German or is it in Swiss German?
It is in German, not even swiss dialect. I doubt, if IMDB really got it correctly in this case. Maybe the movie has been produced in Switzerland?

All the actors speak German in this movie and it isn't dubbed. Cornelia Gröschel (Heidi) is born in Dresden and is a German actress.
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:33 pm It is in German, not even swiss dialect. I doubt, if IMDB really got it correctly in this case. Maybe the movie has been produced in Switzerland?
Hmmm. That's why I asked you! The 1952 version apparently went between Swiss German (in the Alps) and German (in the rich girl's household), where the uptight governess berated Heidi for talking in that vulgar Swiss-speak rather than proper German. I just finished syncing subs to the 2015 version and it has the same scenes, although I did not listen too closely to the soundtrack.

(Although Wikipedia's article on Swiss German says this: "The dialects of Swiss German must not be confused with Swiss Standard German, the variety of Standard German used in Switzerland." At that point I have to stop my research or I won't have time to watch the movies!)

However, the 2001 movie is INDEED a Swiss production, as IMDB states. See here:

https://www.swissfilms.ch/en/movie/heid ... 904508CCF5

Aside from mentioning the French dub version, it ALSO claims the theatrical soundtrack is in "Swiss German"! (And they produced English subtitles, at least for a worldwide theatrical release.) The DVD I found at Amazon includes both Swiss German (Dolby Digital 5.1) and German (Dolby Digital 5.1).

https://www.amazon.de/Heidi-Cornelia-Gr ... B00008POHP

Is it any wonder that I am confused about this movie?

I have not watched too many Swiss films, and I would bet 5 Euros that Germany has a much larger film industry ... and a larger pool of actors to draw from. Anyway, we have a German Heidi, an Italian Grandfather (Paolo Villaggio), a French Aunt Dete (Marianne Denicourt), various other German actors - and a Swiss director (Markus Imboden).

I did a quick run-through of the movie before I first posted in this thread, and I could see-hear that the dialog was perfectly in sync with the mouth-movements. While I know that Germans are masters at dubbing, from what you said I have to guess that the movie was recorded at least MOSTLY in German, and any Swiss German version must have been dubbed later in post-production. I am sure the Swiss audience might be annoyed if a Swiss-made version of a Swiss story was not in Swiss dialect.
relic

Post by relic »   0 likes

I own this:
https://www.amazon.de/Katia-Polletin/dp ... WIBS&psc=1

I no longer have a dvd player and I haven't managed to rip it.
If one of you would like it, it is yours in exchange for an hq rip and subs.

Also if a kind soul could put the one from the above post on uloz, I would appreciate it.
Thanks. Relic
Night457
Global Moderator

Jeez relic, you wanted this series a year ago and ended up getting it on DVD, and now you can't even PLAY it?!! That sucks. I am afraid that ripping and posting an entire TV series is not something I want to do.

I looked AGAIN online for the whole 1978 series. It seems that many Spanish-dubbed episodes are on YouTube, and it appears that the entire French-dubbed version is here:
https://www.zone-telechargement.tel/?p= ... di-saison1
I only downloaded the first episode to verify: yep, it's French.

There is still no full German version online, apparently. :cry: Not fair!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

relic wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:33 pm Also if a kind soul could put the one from the above post on uloz, I would appreciate it.
Thanks. Relic
Heidi (2001) 720p German 2.4Gb download:
https://ulozto.net/file/axur1JHS6vyR/he ... 9KJwuuLj==

Enjoy! :D
Area511

Post by Area511 »   0 likes

No subs? :'(
Night457
Global Moderator

Area511 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:41 amNo subs? :'(
ghost wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:08 pmI am sorry, I don't have any subs.
Night457 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:14 pm DAMN! I guess I have to learn some more German ...
:mrgreen:
Area511

Post by Area511 »   0 likes

Ruined my day :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I'm about 2/3 through it (needed a break to get up and move around, might as well check FLM before going back) and I am still able to understand what is going on while only knowing the occasional word of German. But, I HAVE seen multiple other versions of the story, and recently. At this point the dialog won't really tell me anything I don't already know!

There are some changes. It starts off with adolescent Heidi living with her mother, who is clearly not long for this world. (Sorry, after over 140 years the story of little orphan Heidi does NOT get spoiler warnings.) Grandfather still has goats in the mountains, but I had to wonder how a mountain man managed to get so incredibly round. All that on a diet of bread and cheese, with daily mountain climbing and roof repair? Ya know that reminds me, there are other uses for goats than milk ... but no, they have to be Heidi's cuddly friends. Sausage is a recurring theme in the Heidi movies, particular when Peter is excited that Heidi gives him a big fat one. And in one of the movies one of the goats eats some of the sausage ... but they don't say what meat it is IN the sausage. Cannibal goats?

Peter is still Heidi's good friend but he is not a goatherd. And he plays American baseball, or wants to.
He just shows up to fool around with her and is not a WORKING lad like the original. Oh yeah, this one is REALLY touchy-feely and takes every chance he gets to hug her. Because he is a good FRIEND, that's why. Uh huh.

One standout scene is where Heidi helps her grandfather take a shower outdoors with the aid of a watering can full of hot water. (Man, that girl must be strong, steadily holding that watering can at shoulder height. She was in good physical condition even before she went to the mountains.) Now, if only grandfather would return her the favor. :D

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]