[REL] Paskutine atostogu diena (1964) [Lithuania]

Warg

Re: [REL] Paskutine atostogu diena (1964)

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Hmmm, those frames look almost exactly the same as the .iso version to me, and if they're different, it's only by maybe 1 or 2 scan lines. I doubt broadcasters would go to that much trouble for something few people, if any, would even notice, let alone complain about.
No, Phuzzy4242. That's much more. Compare the space over the boys head and the portion of the girls left leg shown (on your right side). I would be astonished if that wasn't done with intent. There are too many other examples of censorship by cropping of the picture ...

https://postimg.cc/8jY7syWt
https://postimg.cc/sMZvWp4y

I give the pictures as links as I dont like to plaster threads with too "explicit" images ... ;)
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Warg wrote:No, Phuzzy4242. That's much more. Compare the space over the boys head and the portion of the girls left leg shown (on your right side). I would be astonished if that wasn't done with intent. There are too many other examples of censorship by cropping of the picture ...
Yeah that was definitely done on purpose. Seems a bit silly to me, with everything that's left in, but ... whatever.

I wonder what the source of the uloz version was? It has no logo. Is there another DVD version out there somewhere? This certainly looks like a DVD rip, the quality is much higher than VHS.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

deadman wrote:Seems a bit silly to me, with everything that's left in
Why? Isn't it always this body part that is cropped (cf. Gritta vom Rattenschloß or Pretty Baby or L'albero delle pere) ... And there is no other instance of it in this movie. :?
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Warg wrote:Why? Isn't it always this body part that is cropped (cf. Gritta vom Rattenschloß or Pretty Baby or L'albero delle pere) ... And there is no other instance of it in this movie. :?
The skinnydipping scene in Gritta vom Rattenschloß censors nothing if I remember correctly. But yeah, they frequently do cut off images above waist level. I'm just saying it's silly and makes no sense. That's all. :mrgreen:

I've been looking around and can't find any references to a DVD version different from the one I have, logo free and uncropped. Anyone else have some luck?
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

deadman wrote:The skinnydipping scene in Gritta vom Rattenschloß censors nothing if I remember correctly.
Yep. The censoring is in another scene. The completely uncensored HQ version (of the movie) cannot be found... ;)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Warg wrote:
deadman wrote:The skinnydipping scene in Gritta vom Rattenschloß censors nothing if I remember correctly.
Yep. The censoring is in another scene. The completely uncensored HQ version (of the movie) cannot be found... ;)
:lol: The little actress in your clip showed more than Sharon Stone did in her infamous interview scene in 'Basic Instinct'!! :lol:

kev.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

Googled and I didn't find info if it has been released on DVD
There are tvrips and vhsrip at rutracker
and a webrip at BK

And censoring.... of course it is because the movie has been shot behind the iron curtain
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

ferdi111 wrote:And censoring.... of course it is because the movie has been shot behind the iron curtain
You mean communism looks too attractive in this scene, so the "paradise of the working class" had to be cropped away? :? :lol:
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Warg wrote:
I was reading and it seems to be typical boring discussion until I saw the clip in HD I also had that 'oops' but in SD I'll now go to the 'Gritta' topic to ask for an improved version of that movie.

those cuts happen when you want to distribute a movie in conservative countries or broadcast it on 'all public' schedule and it seems less 'explicit'
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   84 likes

I have a pretty good version of the uncropped movie:

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [963.69 Mb]

English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [25.4 Kb]