[REL] Lolita (1997)

Sully23

Re: [REL] Lolita (1997)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I wish the movie had been made in France,
Not only that, perhaps the director was Pier Giuseppe Murgia, or better things, he would not waste time, luckily there is Pretty Baby.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

I read article about the Swain film, how it was sort of hypocritical that there had to be a chaperone on set with Swain at all times, but that a similarly themed film shot around the same time, with a young woman and a teen girl had none of that sort of thing whatsoever. For the life of me, I can't remember which movie it was, but the implication was that Hollywood cared about Older men+Young girl situations, but if it was "just" two girls, it couldn''t care less...
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Triela wrote:I read article about the Swain film, how it was sort of hypocritical that there had to be a chaperone on set with Swain at all times, but that a similarly themed film shot around the same time, with a young woman and a teen girl had none of that sort of thing whatsoever. For the life of me, I can't remember which movie it was, but the implication was that Hollywood cared about Older men+Young girl situations, but if it was "just" two girls, it couldn''t care less...
I remember seeing an interview with Jeremy Irons around the time this movie first aired. He said he didn't understand the criticism he was getting: when they make a movie about World War II someone has to play the role of Adolf Hitler, and no one ever accuses the actor of condoning genocide, why is this any different?

Many Western societies (the US especially) are uptight about all things sexual. There are tons of taboo subjects and situations. If you're looking for logic don't bother. It has its roots in religion - and religion isn't known for either logic or consistency. Even nonbelievers are still conditioned to some degree by the culture around them.

As far as chaperones, by law minor actors require a parent or legal guardian present at all times during filming or they can't proceed. It's one of the reasons many directors prefer to cast over-18's who look young for their age. They can work longer hours without a babysitter or any of the other child labor restrictions. Maybe the girl in that other film was only playing underage, that's why she didn't need to be accompanied on set.

How awkward would it be to do an intimate scene with a young actress in front of her parents? You'd be trying really hard not to look like you were enjoying yourself. 8-)
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

True, true. I've been racking me brain what that other film it was, but sofar no joy.
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   29 likes

Ok, here's a HQ version of this gem.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [9.84 Gb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [84.1 Kb]