[REL] The Secret Garden (1975)

terry666

[REL] The Secret Garden (1975)

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

[Image]

From Imdb:
In 19th-century India, little Mary Lennox is suddenly orphaned by cholera. Her only living relative is her crook-backed uncle, Archibald Craven, so Mary is sent to live at his estate on the Yorkshire moors. Rude and unpleasant, Mary gradually begins to change as she explores the manor and grows to know some of the servants, particularly her maid Martha, and Ben Weatherstaff the gardener. With the help of a robin, Mary discovers a secret garden. She also discovers a cousin she never knew she had, and begins to form plans that transform her cousin, the garden, and ultimately herself.
This movie has been mentioned in the forums before as "wanted". I'm just making a formal request. It's available on DVD, so maybe someone has it.

Links:

http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=6880
http://imdb.com/title/tt0073675/
http://allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:128771
FLL

Re: [REL] The Secret Garden (1975)

Post by FLL »   17 likes

Didn't realize earlier this version was wanted. This rip is by "Deadly" as posted on a.b.m.thelostmovies.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.14 Gb]

It's long, 7 episodes combined totaling 3:22, so if anyone has the DVD a full 2CD (or more) rip could give better quality (the pixelation is sometimes noticeable) but this is what I have. Enjoy!
worf12

Post by worf12 »   3 likes

FLL wrote:Didn't realize earlier this version was wanted. This rip is by "Deadly" as posted on a.b.m.thelostmovies.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.14 Gb]

It's long, 7 episodes combined totaling 3:22, so if anyone has the DVD a full 2CD (or more) rip could give better quality (the pixelation is sometimes noticeable) but this is what I have. Enjoy!

Thanks
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   27 likes

[Image][Image]

Be warned!.........At 3 hours 20 minutes long any upgrade is always going to have a significant filesize!
This one has frustrated me right from the start :wall ...........I'd flagged this one up on FLM as worthy of an upgrade having noted FLL's comments concerning the quality of the 'Deadly' rip he released. My research unfortunately coincided with the forum taking a partial nosedive & certain elements of the thread disappearing. FLL very kindly provided me with the file specs & the forum has since returned to normal :clap
I deliberately avoided the many cheap copies available on eBay that were handed out with the UK Sunday newspapers.......running time seemed to be shorter & I was guessing the quality wouldn't be that great. Instead I ordered the genuine BBC/Readers Digest DVD & was less than amused when it came back as a deleted title!
After finally sourcing a new genuine DVD on eBay & it arriving the quality has surprised & somewhat disappointed me. This is a clumsily put together DVD with evidence of slight pixellation in the source (as FLL reported) & pretty major picture disturbance at the edges :wall I've carried out the bare minimum of cropping necessary to remove the disturbance but left the pixellation alone.

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: The Secret Garden 1975 DVDRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 2,200.94 MB

Duration ........: 03:20:48
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1404 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 544
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.32:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS

Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

I'm not 100% satisfied with the quality of this rip but fear this may be as good as it gets. I'll obviously be delighted to be proved wrong! :)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.15 Gb]

Enjoy!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   22 likes

Ok, here it is. Please note, the quality isn't that high, even for an old DVD. That said, perhaps this is what is common for DVD editions of slightly older TV shows. I am curious to hear if marvingray's copy is of similar quality.

Hope you enjoy. Menu is in Swedish. It should be: Watch all - Select Episode - Swedish subtitles on/off

Like this post to see ed2k links  [7.08 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [8.2 Kb]

[Image]

[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   21 likes

I found this old BBC production on Amazon Prime Video and made an upscale to 1080p.
It*s the movie, not the TV series like pillowbaker's DVD9.
This was the source: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/ ... 0sLMfd_1_1

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.53 Gb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [134.1 Kb]