[REL] Gritta vom Rattenschloß (1985)

David32441

Re: [REL] Gritta vom Rattenschloß (1985)

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:29 pm
David32441 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:42 pmThe 1080p definitely seems like an improvement!
Yeah, slow audio makes them all sound like monsters :)
I am glad you were pleased with the improvement, because I know that *I* liked it a lot. I know that some people can be very sensitive to certain quality issues, while other people (like me at times, apparently) remain oblivious to them. I have to look really closely.

So you watched that scene in slo-mo too, huh? :D For quality checking only, of course.
Haha! Just to check for quality.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:48 pm
Ghost did you remove the TV logo with something like VirtualDub's de-logo filter?
No, you'd notice the removed logo.

The source was from from Amazon Prime Video in SD.

So your 1080p version (which looks quite crispy and amazing) is an AI.Upscale of the AmazonSD Version? Haha still boggles my mind that you don’t put sources in the file names, for example with this release I could think it was a BluRay rip cause it looks so good! :D
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:01 pmwith this release I could think it was a BluRay rip cause it looks so good! :D
That is why I myself don't worry too much about sources, because for the movies that I like I get spoiled by ghost's amazing upscales.

The one thing that concerns me in general is TV logos and how prominent they are, and I can see their presence or absence for FLM releases in screenshots.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

till boggles my mind that you don’t put sources in the file names
So always some mistery remains... :lol: :lol: :lol:
goku33

ghost wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:06 pm
till boggles my mind that you don’t put sources in the file names
So always some mistery remains... :lol: :lol: :lol:
[Image]
orangelamp

Post by orangelamp »   0 likes

ghost is the Amazon version uncensored? I notice there is a DVD release that says "HD remastered" so there must be a true HD version somewhere, hopefully it'll get a Blu-ray or streaming release: https://www.amazon.com/Gritta-von-Ratte ... B01MQZ6CPK
goku33

orangelamp wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:21 am ghost is the Amazon version uncensored? I notice there is a DVD release that says "HD remastered" so there must be a true HD version somewhere, hopefully it'll get a Blu-ray or streaming release: https://www.amazon.com/Gritta-von-Ratte ... B01MQZ6CPK
AmazonVideo currently lists & sells it as SD. Ghosts version looks like re-scanned/remastered 35mm Film. DEFA films regularly get bluray releases or at least Hd Web..
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

ghost is the Amazon version uncensored?
Yes, it is! What really surprised me! :shock:
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

orangelamp wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:21 am ghost is the Amazon version uncensored? I notice there is a DVD release that says "HD remastered" so there must be a true HD version somewhere, hopefully it'll get a Blu-ray or streaming release: https://www.amazon.com/Gritta-von-Ratte ... B01MQZ6CPK

Any movie shot on a common stock like 35mm could be released as a 4K bluray if they wanted. Basically, this includes films going all the way back to the golden age of the big studios in the 1920's and 30's. Why they remastered this film in HD without doing a bluray is beyond me. They did the same thing with another movie I posted here: Mérette (1982). HD remaster, no bluray. Only the studio could explain their logic.
goku33

deadman wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:51 pm

Any movie shot on a common stock like 35mm could be released as a 4K bluray if they wanted. Basically, this includes films going all the way back to the golden age of the big studios in the 1920's and 30's. Why they remastered this film in HD without doing a bluray is beyond me. They did the same thing with another movie I posted here: Mérette (1982). HD remaster, no bluray. Only the studio could explain their logic.
I think they mostly do it for vod/streaming release nowadays. But yeah, one of the most prestigious shows of the cable channel FX „The Americans“ only ever got it’s first season released on BLuRay. Likely because the demand & fanbase wasn’t enough. But it fascinates me because a show that was watched & praised by Obama, Stephen King and others didn’t get a BLuRay release while some ridiculous Horro B-movie will get one.

We can be very thankful for AmazonVideo and that it’s DRM is broken/can be ripped by the scene. Before Netflix/Amazon we mostly relied on the mediocre iTunes 720p WEB-DL‘s. Sites like AmazonVideo and also HBOMax, AppleTV provide much higher resolution and Bitrate these days. (I think higher than Netflix whose 4K isn’t that great)