[REL] Chudak iz pyatogo B 1972

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Chudak iz pyatogo B 1972

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:45 pm OP has good review. The story is very touching and teaches one to be responsible and honest.
I had seen this one before and remembered liking it! Apparently I understood it well enough without any subtitles.

However I was happy to have a machine-translation of the Russian this time, but I was unable to get the subtitles synced so I set it aside. I did not investigate the video closely enough to see if there were commercial breaks that changed the timing or WHAT exactly was making sync impossible for me.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

I admit that I did not check the subs, so I don't know if they match this file. I understand spoken Russian fairly well and subs won't help except looking up some words in the dictionary. I'm afraid the moral of the story would be lost when not understanding the dialog at all.
Night457
Global Moderator

Certainly I did not understand it completely, I just understood it enough to enjoy it! I can get the beginning and end synced and the rest in the middle within a second or so. I COULD watch it with the machine-translation sloppily resynced, I am just not enthusiastic about it. I COULD also resync each line manually, but having done that before I have no interest in that, either! I would rather just watch it again with whatever limited comprehension I have, maybe reading through the translation separately for more insight.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

I think it's totally OK to watch movies for cuteness alone like we all do and there's lotsa cuteness in it! I just realized that the movie also teaches something important, maybe something that some politicians today have forgotten (ie., cheating and lying is OK, because everybody is cheating and lying, etc.)
Night457
Global Moderator

No, politicians STILL REMEMBER that cheating and lying is OK! ;)