[REL] Die Legende von Paul und Paula (1973) DEFA

FLL

[REL] Die Legende von Paul und Paula (1973) DEFA

Post by FLL »   33 likes

Still the most popular DEFA Film, this classic struck a chord with its portrayal of everyday life in East Berlin in this love story between a passionate single mother and a complacent, married bureaucrat. Paul, respectably employed but bored, is married to a woman whose only redeemable quality seems to be stunning beauty.
Ok. That's good, a very interesting (if dated) film. What's it's relevance to FLM?
RFF wrote:A completely immodest 8-year-old girl swims nude at a public beach.
Ah, that's better. But the bad news is, the scenes with 8 year old Paula's daughter are few, pretty much a beach scene plus some of her in the background in a short dress. She's not in any way a central character. I debated whether to post this at all, but it is OT and since it's listed at RFF people might be wondering.

Being the type to watch whole movies, I wouldn't mind subs so I could understand the subleties; none found on the net, though subbed versions seem to be for sale. If you are mostly interested in the OT scene, there's a clip with it on eMule.

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [697.85 Mb]

Interesting (to me) note: If you look for this movie on amazon.com, in their effort to get you to buy more stuff, they say:
What do customers ultimately buy after viewing this item?
42% buy the item featured on this page: The Legend of Paul and Paula
17% buy The Last Butterfly
16% buy Memoirs of a Survivor
14% buy L'Effrontee
11% buy Angela (1995)
Given that the others are all at FLM, this should be too! Apparently we aren't the only ones who look for OT stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070299/