emuler

Re: [REL] Fallen Angel (2007)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

IMDB moved the 'good' reviews to a back page. :wall Read them here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0939235/usercomments
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

emuler posted this again, not realizing it was already here. The links had been dead but he brought them back to life. Thanks! Here's his post from the other (now deleted) thread:
FLL/emuler.... sorry :( and thanks.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks, FLL. Looks like Part 2's link didn't make it - is this it? Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.22 Mb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

I'm posting all my links again, but just to make things crystal clear, these are the same files that were posted by Debaser in the first post in this thread in 2007. I found the same files somewhere else and posted them here (in a new thread by mistake :blush ). Since the files are exactly the same, it doesn't matter which links you click - your client will download the same file in either case.

Phuzzy4242, on the other hand, is talking about the minor error made while posting my links; part 1 is posted twice while part 2 is missing. I'm sure FLL will fix that as soon as he sees it. :thumbsup

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.68 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.22 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.80 Mb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
Debaser wrote:That’s bloody stupid.
My home lights just dimmed, the PC restarted, and now a number of incomplete downloads appear to have vanished including 3 of 3 of this one, and it was almost completed.

I have no idea what else I have lost on my computer, but I do know it makes no sense.

That’s pissed me right off now, I wonder what else has been erased for no particular reason.
Ouch. I went through that a lot for a while when I had computer probs, it's painful. Most likely all you lost are files/directories which were being written to about the time the power blipped. If the .part and .part.met files are actually gone or the wrong size you'll need to run chkdsk to try to get them back, and there's a greater chance the data will be too scrambled to be used. If the files are there but eMule doesn't recognize them (check the logs in the server tab) then you'll need to use MetFileRegenerator, or this might be a good time to upgrade to a mod of eMule which will allow you to import incomplete files. There are a few threads on such stuff here, I think.

For the longer term problem of keeping it from happening again: the biggest key to staying connected continuously for literally weeks or months at a time is to get a UPS. Make sure the computer, the router if one, and the modem are all plugged into it and power blips like you experienced will have little effect.
Don't throw away your old laptop just yet, or if you know someone who's about to, ask him to throw it your way. ;) Laptops have built in battery backup and are immune to problems related to power outages. :thumbsup You might lose internet connectivity if your modem/router is externally powered, but you'll be back online the minute power comes back on. :clap
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:This looks good value though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Uninterruptib ... dZViewItem

What do we think?
I wonder how long the battery life is before they have to be replaced, and if these things cost extra to run 24/7.
UPS batteries generally last about 5 years. UPS's cost alot, but not even a backup generator is going to provide uninterrupted service. A commercial generator will start the second mains power drops, but most of the automatic ones pause one second when switching from mains to generator power to prevent arcing and burning the transfer switch contacts. If the generator is manual, it's going to be minutes before you can find it in the dark, start it, and manually switch over. UPS's operating cost is minimal - just the electricity to keep the batteries charged.

UPS batteries can be replaced. A typical 400W like an APC holds one battery that costs around $35US. A 1000W has two batteries. Replacement is usually simple, but you have to order them online. There's no such thing as a PC that won't work on a UPS as long as it has enough oomph - you just plug into it like you'd plug into any power strip - but some PCs can't run the software that allows the UPS to tell them to shut themselves down gracefully. Usually that's not a problem because a UPS powering just the PC (the monitor is turned off) will supply juice for at least 20 minutes before the batteries run down (your mileage will vary) and most power outages will either be shorter than that or will be so long it wouldn't matter how big the UPS.

In case you're wondering, you can't chain UPS's together (one plugged into the wall, another plugged into the first UPS, etc.). To get more backup time, you have to buy a bigger UPS. Also, it pays in the long run to buy high quality, even though it costs more. And test them monthly so you KNOW they're ready.