[REL] Le nécrophile (2004) [short movie]

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Le nécrophile (2004) [short movie]

Post by Night457 »   90 likes

Thank you for the link, mamamamam!

It is a 1080p Russian dub and at 2.1 Gb rather large for a 37 minute short. So I made a French-language remux in a more compact size.

This is a sweet and tender, quirky romance, much gentler than Jörg Buttgereit's "Nekromantik 2" (not an FLM film).

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

[EDIT: The file is 1080p but is likely an upscale, and does not have the clarity of true 1080p. Click the IMG links to expand them for an idea of the image quality.]

1080p French language with French intertitles (as in a silent film, which this is not).
Optional English subtitles.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [834.01 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [7.1 Kb]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks you both for this upgrade!
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

:heart

Don't go quietly into the night.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I'm disappointed after doing a preview. It's only a bad upscale from SD. :(
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Sorry, I sort of figured it was an upscale but was not sure, particularly because of the huge original file size. They probably should have limited it to 720p. I will put a warning in my post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

OH! Something I wanted to ask but forgot, for those who have any video version of this and are willing to check a scene.

At about 23:50-24:35 beginning with the girl in her room in front of the mirror and continuing outdoors, in the background there is a pop song playing. I am absolutely certain this same song was featured prominently in another FLM movie, much more well-known than this one.

I think the song is Spanish ... but it could be French. The singer is either a girl or a woman pitching her voice up, so the words aren't entirely clear.

I think the movie is Spanish ... but it could be any European. For some reason I think it is late 70's or early 80's. There is a tween sort of gently dancing alone to the song (like in this short) but I am not sure if it is a boy or a girl.

Does ANYONE remember the other movie, and/or know the song???? My description is not particularly good, but hearing the SONG may trigger a memory. It's driving me nuts!

My memory is like swiss cheese, really good except for the holes.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

I'll check it out tonight and rack my swiss cheese a bit to see if I'm any help. Low chances but I am curious about your movie now.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   2 likes

Night457 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:58 am OH! Something I wanted to ask but forgot, for those who have any video version of this and are willing to check a scene.

At about 23:50-24:35 beginning with the girl in her room in front of the mirror and continuing outdoors, in the background there is a pop song playing. I am absolutely certain this same song was featured prominently in another FLM movie, much more well-known than this one.

I think the song is Spanish ... but it could be French. The singer is either a girl or a woman pitching her voice up, so the words aren't entirely clear.

I think the movie is Spanish ... but it could be any European. For some reason I think it is late 70's or early 80's. There is a tween sort of gently dancing alone to the song (like in this short) but I am not sure if it is a boy or a girl.

Does ANYONE remember the other movie, and/or know the song???? My description is not particularly good, but hearing the SONG may trigger a memory. It's driving me nuts!

My memory is like swiss cheese, really good except for the holes.
OMG you're right I have hear this somewhere before!

So, your song is Porqué te vas by Jeanette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zerygmvhg0

But where did I hear it? It reminds me of L'Effronté, checking it now.

Edit: Oh was it Cria Cuervos?

Wish I could have remembered on my own but search results:

"Porque te vas | Media Wiki - Fandomhttps://media.fandom.com › wiki › Porque_te_vas
Only when the song was used in Carlos Saura's 1976 film Cría Cuervos (Raising Crows), and the film went on to be honored at the Cannes Film Festival (Jury grand ...
‎Covers and language versions · ‎In popular culture"

Here's a YT link Cria Cuervos where the little girl plays the song on her little record player. 2:30 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FWWLJJboOc

edit part 2: Ana stops the record player when her mother comes in, but right after she leaves, by 3:40, the song is back up and all three girls are dancing.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:59 am OMG you're right I have hear this somewhere before!
YES! YES! YES! Thank you pillowbaker for figuring this out! I was dead certain that somebody here would know the song from another FLM movie -- and maybe remember what one.

So, you actually remembered the song title first and then worked from there? I have to admit, a few minutes earlier I had figured out the movie the methodical and tedious way and was in the process of composing my reply when you posted.

I started going through the Spain Releases title by title and looked at what ones stood out for me. Then I scrolled through the posts to look at screencaps to see if any of the children provoked a memory of the song. That would have taken forever if it had turned out to be Latin American, or not any kind of Spanish film at all.

When I came to "Cría cuervos" I thought "Aha! Maybe..." Then reading the posts I saw this one on the first page:
viewtopic.php?p=22126&#p22126

So thank you emuler!

The discussion of the song continued over several posts with multiple people, and apparently it was also used in a Finnish film. It may have been in other movies I have seen too. But I absolutely heard it in the Spanish film first.

I had it right that it was a Spanish-language song used in a Spanish film from the 70's. The lead girl was about 9 years old with short hair, so I can see why my memory played tricks with her sex. Watching the video footage from the clearly identified film and not relying on a vague memory, obviously she is a girl. I think plenty of people adored the sad-eyed Ana Torrent.

And a "well-known" film? Holy shit yes. It is a world classic.

However, it was MORE than one person dancing, not one person alone. I had that wrong.

Thank you for the video links! The first even has lyrics, so I can follow along while I play it on infinite repeat.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Haha I have to admit, even if you discovered it on your own, it as very fun finding out the movie. And I found myself doing the same thing you did near the end of your last post: Spanish movie? Check. 70s to 80s? Check. Well known, definitely. Dancing to the song, yup. Could be boy or girl? Vague memory could definitely perceive Ana as either (of course watching now it's obvious). Love the short hair btw as well as the sad eyes. Gotta be the one! Turns out your swiss cheese is still pretty good.

Your willpower to do the bruteforce method of checking is commendable. My luck, it would have been Latin America or Unlisted or Portuguese, but when I get it on my head to hunt for something, it's hard to let go!

ABOUT LE NECROPHILE - I enjoyed the intertitles and the Charlie Brown adult vocals used for the characters. And though the main guy is sorta despicable, I liked that he was also kind enough and that his niece appreciated him.

So, I've mentally kinda lumped another film with Ana Torrent in with Cria Cuervos. Do you recall El Espíritu de la colmena (1973)? I also enjoyed this one, and one scene stands out in particular. Near the beginning, she and her sister have a whispered conversation in bed. The continued whispers and temperament of the scene was hypnotic, and I remember playing it over and over after the first time I watched it.