[REL] Le nécrophile (2004) [short movie]

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Le nécrophile (2004) [short movie]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:22 am Haha I have to admit, even if you discovered it on your own, it as very fun finding out the movie.
I thought it might provide someone some amusement, which is another reason I posted. The song is damn sweet too. I have been listening to it on repeat for over 3 hours now.
Your willpower to do the bruteforce method of checking is commendable.
Ugh, brain not work. Me use club. Ancestors all cavemen.
cc.jpg
LE NECROPHILE ... And though the main guy is sorta despicable, I liked that he was also kind enough and that his niece appreciated him.
He simply found a way to better appreciate the dearly departed, but it did not seem like he was speeding them on their way. He could wait until they had ripened. After all, life is just a process of maturation leading to the inevitability of death. That is part of the philosophy of Schopenhauer or something. The girl was a little foolhardy thinking she could help him out with playacting. He had gone far beyond the fantasies of kinky amateurs and needed the real thing, not pretend. "The EYES! No, not the EYES! Don't look at me!"

I thought the ending was out of left field, a different horror subgenre and a bit of a tonal departure, a little too whimsical instead of creepily funny. Maybe the director was concerned that a more somber ending might have totally alienated all audiences, as he had enough trouble getting the film made in the first place. Check out this IMDB Trivia:
When the film passed in front of a commission in charge of the protection of children, a representative of the CNC, Alain Lameyre, launches into a moralizing shootout, denouncing an "apology for pedophilia", a trend that the project however never stated. David Kessler, then president of the CNC, disowned his representative. But the damage is done: Barassat must go back to Elisabeth Guigou, then Minister of Labor, to obtain a favorable opinion. Filming can start. The little girl is found, in the person of Ilona Szabo, and it is the brilliant Portuguese filmmaker João Cesar Monteiro who must play the title role. Alas, seriously ill, he retired. Laurent Terzieff, who had agreed to replace him, also withdraws. A few days before the shoot, Barassat meets Freddy Bournane, an actor with a vampire physique. Authorisation. But, in the meantime, the occupational medicine refuses to give its authorization to the other children appearing in the film. Barassat must find boys aged 16. When it finally turns, its treasury is in the red because of the various delays. The assembly will be done with misery. The projected version lasts 48 minutes, it is banned at least 16 years old but is finally broadcast on Arte.
Note the supposed 10-minute longer projected version. What are we missing, hmm? Is it time for an original "Director's Cut" version to be released on a 4KUHD disc packed with extras? I would pay $60 for that without hesitation.

The flat-chested girl was played by "Ilona Szabo" and I can find no biographical information about her. Supposedly the other children had to be played by "boys aged 16" but clearly Ilona had the most provocative scenes. Why wasn't she being "protected"? Was she in fact a very pretty 16-year-old boy with great hair? I used to be certain what girls' bodies looked like, but these days I can only think "not sure if you're a boy or a girl" as the David Bowie song goes.
Do you recall El Espíritu de la colmena (1973)?
Yes, another great film! Though I don't remember this one quite as well, including the scene you mention. I need to watch it again.

AKA "The Spirit of the Beehive" and also at FLM:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=141
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

The song is damn sweet too. I have been listening to it on repeat for over 3 hours now.
No kidding! As soon as I listened for it and found out what it was, I played it over and over while writing the following responces.

Interesting bit of trivia there. I should have assumed getting a film like this made would have involved some extra work. I am curious how Barassat managed to convince enough representatives and ministers to get through all the red tape. Strange 16 year old boys were required but the lead girl is passed. Special exceptions due to the importance of a lead role? Whichever rules were bent, I appreciate it when filmmakers and writers push the boundaries.

[Spoilers sorta ahead?] I remember the eyes scene definitely caught me off guard! It might have been foolhardy for her to attempt to stand in, but it was an endearing act I suppose. I was afraid she'd be repulsed by him, especially after what he fed her! But she even spurns others her age to stand up for her new guardian. Maybe that helps as a lead in for what we get for the ending.

However, a director's cut with a secret, original ending does sound exciting if improbable.
Night457
Global Moderator

pillowbaker wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:07 amI am curious how Barassat managed to convince enough representatives and ministers to get through all the red tape.
The traditional way to deal with political types is a monetary bribe, but he seems to have been short of funds. Or maybe he BECAME short of funds because of all the bribes necessary?
Strange 16 year old boys were required
Sadly, there are other forms of bribery and you may have hit on it. There is plenty of corruption and dark doings in the movie industry worldwide.
I was afraid she'd be repulsed by him, especially after what he fed her!
Darn finicky vegetarian kids won't even eat yummy pork! :lol:
R.R.K

Post by R.R.K »   0 likes

Hi.. There seems to be a 1080p version if i recall, if anyone has Pls. post the share thank you. :D
Night457
Global Moderator

R.R.K wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:25 am Hi.. There seems to be a 1080p version if i recall, if anyone has Pls. post the share thank you. :D
(1) mamamamam gave an ulozto link in this post: viewtopic.php?p=93790#p93790
The file is 2.1Gb Russian dubbed. It is also an upscale, so it does not look great, just better.

(2) I made a smaller-sized remux of that upscaled video, but with the French audio instead and posted it here:
viewtopic.php?p=93952#p93952
I am still sharing it on eMule.

(3) I have also discovered a version that is 720p with French audio and optional English or Brazilian Portuguese subtitles:
https://ulozto.net/file/g8S5XnSW56w4/o- ... W4IJSuMt==
I have not downloaded it so I do not know how the quality compares. It is certainly possible for a good-quality 720p file to look better than a lower-quality 1080p upscale.
R.R.K

Post by R.R.K »   0 likes

There is a 1080p version of this i have seen it in one of the Child Blogspot, but it needs a premium account from File.Al. If anyone has a copy pls. kindly share. Thanks..
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   55 likes

I am not sure what "Child Blogspot" you mean so I don't know what version that is. The 1080p files mentioned here previously are moderate upscales, not the quality that one would hope for from FHD 1080p.

I still have not done a comparison of the 720p ulozto version with my 1080p version, but I downloaded it.

720p with French audio and optional English or Brazilian Portuguese subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [952.43 Mb]
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:11 am I am not sure what "Child Blogspot" you mean so I don't know what version that is. The 1080p files mentioned here previously are moderate upscales, not the quality that one would hope for from FHD 1080p.

I still have not done a comparison of the 720p ulozto version with my 1080p version, but I downloaded it.

720p with French audio and optional English or Brazilian Portuguese subtitles:
O Necrófilo (Le nécrophile aka The Necrophile, 2004) Legendado PT_Br (Subtitled English).mkv

I think by "Child Blogspot" he's referring to the multiple clone sites that post links on file.al and get a lot of their material from here.

The 720p uloz version did little to improve overall image quality. I've searched on some of those specialty movie streaming channels - the kind you find on Amazon Prime or your Roku device. Indie, art house, and French movie channels, none have this short available. But new movies are always being added and a streaming capture is probably our only hope of getting a true HD version.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Thank you deadman for doing a quality comparison. Right now I have not had the time, patience, or confidence in my eyes to do so! I know I have encountered sites with files on file.al, but I was not going to guess what one. (And I would not pay to download it, either.) Considering the content and tone of this short I certainly would not expect a bright and glossy appearance to a premium version, but I can at least see that it could reasonably be better.
nata_foxy

Post by nata_foxy »   2 likes

HD 720p rus language 36:59

Code: Select all

https://my.mail.ru/inbox/shkurin.1951/video/242/8398.html