[REL] Swallows and Amazons (1974)

emuler

[REL] Swallows and Amazons (1974)

Post by emuler »   3 likes

Finally found this. It is a VHS rip, so quality is not great. :( However, it is watchable.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072233/
On holiday with their mother in the Lake District in 1929 four children are allowed to sail over to the nearby island in their boat Swallow and set up camp for a few days. They soon realise this has been the territory of two other girls who sail the Amazon, and the scene is set for serious rivalry.
This is another wishy-washy movie quite similar in treatment to The Railway Children. Very little happens, but small kids seem to like it. ;) Kind of like the Enid Blyton books for smaller children (not the Mystery series which is pretty good).

This was quite difficult to complete - got stuck for three days on 98% - but now I have the complete file.

[Image][Image][Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.99 Mb]

There are few sources for this, but I'm there, so be patient and you'll eventually get it.
emuler

Re: [REL] Swallows and Amazons (1974)

Post by emuler »   7 likes

Finally, a DVD-Rip.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [745.80 Mb]
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   4 likes

emuler wrote: This is another wishy-washy movie quite similar in treatment to The Railway Children. Very little happens, but small kids seem to like it. ;) Kind of like the Enid Blyton books for smaller children (not the Mystery series which is pretty good).
Rarely have I disagreed with emuler's comments about a movie but this is one time (or is it just because I'm English! ;) )
This is a truly wonderful slice of British children's movie-making that ranks as one of my all time favourites. Helped on it's way by a stunning film location, cute kids who I think act really well & a general feeling of portraying an era that provided a more balanced lifestyle for kids. I'm delighted to be able to release this upgrade & urge those who haven't seen this to do so! Once again, I'm slightly disappointed with the end result that simply reflects on the quality of the source material. Maybe I'm just expecting 2009 quality from something that's 35 years old!

File Name .......: Swallows & Amazons 1974 DVDRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,396.33 MB
Duration ........: 01:28:59
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 2065 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 544
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.32:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS

Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

Ripped from the 2 movie DVD9 containing this & The Railway Children (1970)...............I'll release an upgrade of that next.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.36 Gb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Post by emuler »   8 likes