[REL] Kid Nation (2007)

vidman49

Re: [REL] Kid Nation (2007)

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

katzenjammer wrote:Can someone reshare eps 4, 6 and 10. Been struggling for some time to get those.
I have reshared episodes 4, 6, and 10. If you can not see them, it may not be the same hash. I don't remember if I downloaded them all from here or whether I downloaded some of them from Pirate Bay after seeing them on FLM. I was downloading a bunch of stuff and since you can only download one file at a time from a specific person, I sometimes see if it is on Pirate Bay as well. I am not as patient as some of the people on FLM.

Let me know if you can't find them and I will remove them.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

I remember I was soooo sad when I found out they weren't going to make a 2nd season. Because of some legal troubles they decided it wouldn't be worth it to try this again. I think they even changed the child labor laws in New Mexico to prevent them from doing it again.

I had this idea after watching this show, to have a Kid Nation/Survivor type show where they pit a group of kids against some adults in a contest to see which ones are more capable. They would select the 'cream of the crop' when choosing the kids and have them compete against a bunch of 'average' adults. They could come up with challenges that would make them pretty evenly matched. I'd be willing to bet that they could find some kids that do surprisingly well.

@vidman49, I probably got these from the same torrent that you did. I'm still sharing them in case anyone still wants them.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks so much for completing the series, ForAnAngel! :bigups

I had been depending on Usenet to get the ripped episodes to post, but after the first couple they stopped getting posted regularly. I also soured a bit on the series, it was clear very early due to the ridiculous controversy that there would be no more of the series and they would probably reedit what they had to make it tamer. In retrospect this was an overreaction on my part. I did finally get the ripped set in 2009, but never got around to posting it here. :(

I do remember the series fondly and will have to go back and look at it.

By the way... anyone in the US ever watch the PBS series Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman? It ran 5 seasons, just ending late last year. I love that show! I should post it here but I haven't found enough good rips to motivate me to do so, another one inconsistently posted to Usenet. Anyway, the connection with Kid Nation is... Brian, a season one contestant on Fetch, is the older brother of Laurel from Kid Nation. In fact Laurel appears in an episode of Fetch, where they show up at Brian's house at dawn and make him cook breakfast for his family. Just an odd connection.