[REL] Freaky Friday (1976)

loverboy

[REL] Freaky Friday (1976)

Post by loverboy »   7 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076054/

No, not the crap 2003 version with Lindsay Cokehead but the pukka original starring a 13/14 year old Jodie Foster.

[Image]

Thirteen-year-old Anabel Andrews (Jodie Foster) hasn't been getting along with her mother (Barbara Harris) very well lately. Mrs. Andrews finds her daughter's messy room, haircut, and lazy attitude in school troubling. Anabel wishes that she could just have some space and freedom.

On the morning of Friday the 13th, both Anabel and her mother express wishes that they could switch places. Suddenly, this happens. Anabel finds herself inside her mother's body, and Ellen Andrews now inhabits her daughter.

Anabel expects that as her mother, she'll be able to stay at home, watch television, and do whatever she wants. But maternal duties soon are revealed, and a simple load of laundry poses quite the challenge. In addition, she has got to tend to every one of the needs of self-centered Mr. Andrews (John Astin), who as a husband isn't quite as cool as a father.

While Anabel is struggling with the maid (Patsy Kelly), carpet cleaners and cooking, Ellen is finding a day in school to be more than she expected. Her friends find her critiques to be ridiculous, and whether she knows too little or too much, it's difficult for her not to be outcast.

As her mother, Anabel seeks to woo Boris Harris (Marc McClure), an allergic neighborhood boy she fancies. Meanwhile, she's got to pick up the annoying brother she calls "Apeface" from school and help out with plans for the aquacade Mr. Andrews has arranged for a potential business client. She'd rather just have fun playing baseball in the park.

Once she gets her braces off, Ellen experiments with a new look for her daughter. But this eventful Friday poses more serious challenges for Ellen, as she finds herself the team captain in an overwhelming field hockey game and the main attraction of her husband's ('father's') water-skiing show.

Based on Mary Rodgers' novel, which she adapted for the screen, this laugh-filled comedy takes its innately fascinating body-switching premise and weaves a lively and meaningful tale, with a strong dose of live action Disney magic. Mother and daughter come to appreciate what the other does, having literally walked in the other's shoes.

Part of what makes Freaky Friday work so well is the excellent performances from the two leads. Barbara Harris and Jodie Foster have a lot of fun with their roles, a characteristic to which the actresses in the 2003 remake remained true. They take material that might be merely amusing on paper and make it very funny. The film has a comic energy through both the mother and daughter segments, that matches the often-present and always upbeat '70s score.

The original Freaky Friday lacks the heavy-handed message of the popular 2003 remake and delivers far more in the way of wit and charm. Like the original Parent Trap, it's a contemporary family comedy that transcends any intended audience and simply delights all. What's hip and current in the '70s may seem awfully dated now, but the heart of the film's story remains as true and wonderful as ever.

And the screenshots..............

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

I like this movie & I like the rip. Grabbed as a torrent & ed2k released. I think the quality is excellent, bearing in mind the movie is thirty one years old although it's obviously DVD sourced.
I will be the only source on this one & will be absent from my PC for a couple of days although it's set to release. Hang on in there & give me a shout if you need the EM rubber band winding up!

A must for Jodie fans!

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.29 Mb]

Enjoy!