[REL] Is-slottet (1987)

goku33

Re: [REL] Is-slottet (1987)

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:30 am Yes, but you DID actually WATCH your "favorite television series", right?
Surprisingly I did a full rewatch of the first 3 seasons before the 4th season had aired. I rarely rewatch shows. For example, I did enjoy „The Sopranos“ 10years ago and it was one of my first serious drama shows but it’s not my top 3 shows. I do understand why people have called it a masterpiece, the acting of the fast is incredible and David chase the creator did write outstandingly but I guess throughout the years I got..too sensitive? I don’t enjoy shows too much that focus on these kind of sociopaths which you could say Tony Soprano was. Although maybe I’m hypocritical, the protagonists of my favorite show were also killers (but it wasn’t senseless violence like you see from some mafia guys).

I enjoyed the first two seasons of Narcos on Netflix but from what I’ve heard the spin-off show that takes plays in Mexico is more violent or I guess with S1+2 of Narcos, I had the Pablo Escobar character (played amazingly by Wagner Moura) to care about!

A friend of mine recently had to turn off Bob Odenkirk‘s „Nobody“ Film because the fight scenes/torture+ violence was kind of too much.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

DAMN, you like some harsh stuff. Pippi Longstocking is more my speed.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   2 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:52 am DAMN, you like some harsh stuff. Pippi Longstocking is more my speed.
:D

it’s really weird. I’m less emotional these days than I was when I was younger but at the same time I got more sensitive towards not wanting to watch violent shows/films.

Apropos Astrid Lindgren: Just the other day I had a conversation with friends about how much Lindgren did in all of Europe for ending the beating of children. I had to think of Michel/Emil Lönneberga: He always run away from his dad but I was wondering did he ever actually get beaten by his parents?
„There is very little you can beat into a child, but no limit to what you can hug out of it.“

– Astrid Lindgren
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Violence!

Never Violence! or Never Violence (original title: Niemals Gewalt! or Niemals Gewalt) is the title of a speech made by Astrid Lindgren in 1978, when she received the peace prize Friedenspreis des Deutschen Buchhandels. It is one of the most well-known and influential speeches by Lindgren. Astrid Lindgren speaks against corporal punishment of children. A year later, in Lindgren's home country Sweden, a law was released that forbid corporal punishment of children. In 1978, the speech was first published as a book under the German title Astrid Lindgren: Ansprachen anlässlich der Verleihung des Friedenspreises des Deutschen Buchhandels (Friedenspreis des Deutschen Buchhandels). Later the book was also published in many different languages. In 2009, a German short film called Never Violence (original title: Niemals Gewalt) had been published at Children's Day. It was based on the story mentioned in Lindgrens speech.
https://christinacherry.com/education-w ... chers.html
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:28 amI had to think of Michel/Emil Lönneberga: He always run away from his dad but I was wondering did he ever actually get beaten by his parents?
I don't think so, although my memory of the films is clearer than the books. The kid would run fast and lock himself in the shed before he got murdered! There were several scenes over the course of 3 movies where he was grabbed and given a shaking. Check this clip:

I wonder if Jan Ohlsson got stunt pay? I'm sure the action was carefully planned and Allan Edwall playing his father was as gentle as possible, but out of context and in succession like that he does seem a little harsh. Within context, he comes across as a laughable blowhard and quite sympathetic, considering the frequent pain he suffered thanks to Emil.

Let me quote Astrid from your link:
Free and non-authoritarian education does not mean that children are left to their own devices, that they are allowed to do whatever they want. It does not mean that they should grow up without norms, which they themselves do not want. We all need norms of behaviour, children and adults, and through the example of their parents the children learn more than through any other methods.
I have also seen the results of lazy, morally neglectful and indulgent parents who stay within society's new rules by refraining from beating their children. They omit the all-important part of setting a good example too.

I love Astrid Lindgren. I want to watch some Emil again.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:40 pm
goku33 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:28 amI had to think of Michel/Emil Lönneberga: He always run away from his dad but I was wondering did he ever actually get beaten by his parents?
I don't think so, although my memory of the films is clearer than the books. The kid would run fast and lock himself in the shed before he got murdered! There were several scenes over the course of 3 movies where he was grabbed and given a shaking. Check this clip:

I wonder if Jan Ohlsson got stunt pay? I'm sure the action was carefully planned and Allan Edwall playing his father was as gentle as possible, but out of context and in succession like that he does seem a little harsh. Within context, he comes across as a laughable blowhard and quite sympathetic, considering the frequent pain he suffered thanks to Emil.

Let me quote Astrid from your link:
Free and non-authoritarian education does not mean that children are left to their own devices, that they are allowed to do whatever they want. It does not mean that they should grow up without norms, which they themselves do not want. We all need norms of behaviour, children and adults, and through the example of their parents the children learn more than through any other methods.
I have also seen the results of lazy, morally neglectful and indulgent parents who stay within society's new rules by refraining from beating their children. They omit the all-important part of setting a good example too.

I love Astrid Lindgren. I want to watch some Emil again.
Well said. Thanks.

It’s a tricky thing. I’ve been raised anti authoritarian and always got praise from other families and parents for being respectful/attentive (?) like helping cleaning the table without having to be asked etc. - but at the same time I sometimes wished my parents had instilled more hard work ethics into me (sorry for my bad English, I hope it comes across what I’m trying to say lol)
GasCloudflare

Post by GasCloudflare »   0 likes

Heyo! I was wondering if someone could reup the links to HD versions of this movie? I have a scruffy low-res version of this but can't seem to fimd a higher quality version.

Manythanks!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Hello, welcome to FLM! We use eMule to share files here. The ed2k links will open in eMule if you have it installed.

https://www.emule-project.com/home/perl ... al.cgi?l=1

Step-by-Step eMule Setup
HateCloudflare

Post by HateCloudflare »   0 likes

Thanks for the heads-up Ghost.

(Yes I am the same as GasCloudflare, but I created my account here and promptly forgot my password!) 🤣
kast1j

Post by kast1j »   1 likes

ghost wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:02 pm Finally I can present this epic movie in Full HD:

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Enjoy it ;)

Is-slottet (1987).1080p.mkv

English subtitles:
Is-slottet (1987).1080p.srt
Hi, is it possible to get this on a non-emule link please. Would be really grateful.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

kast1j wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:33 am Hi, is it possible to get this on a non-emule link please. Would be really grateful.
Uloz has a few SD options here:
https://gozofinder.com/cse/ulozto/en?qu ... type=video

You may have to give emule a try if you'd like ghost's upscale. ;)