[REL] Jumanji (1995)

loverboy

[REL] Jumanji (1995)

Post by loverboy »   3 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113497/

Interest has been shown in Kirsten Dunst. Good movie, although possibly not at her best here.

Chris Van Allsburg infuses his award-winning children's books with an enchanting spirit that lends a unique warmth to each story. "Jumanji," the film version of Van Allsburg's 1981 classic story of a mystical and lively board game, is peculiarly mean-spirited and oddly frightening, but flat-out thrilling as a cinematic visual experience.
Alan Parrish (Robin Williams) has been captive for 25 years in the spell of an ancient, magical board game called Jumanji, which conjures up wild jungle creatures with each roll of the dice. After finally winning his freedom from the unimaginably savage world beyond the game, Parrish is forced to see the game through to the finish in order to put a stop to the torrent of horrors that are unleashed from this strange amusement. Did I mention horrors? I was cringing in fetal position from fear of gigantic killer mosquitoes, lifelike clinging vines that slither around ankles and throats, seemingly stable floorboards that dissolve into quicksand and enormous spiders whose sole mission is to maim and kill. The special effects wizards at Industrial Light and Magic have perfected their computer skills in a way that threatens reality and heightens the psychological sense of fear. The acting is mediocre and secondary to the effects, but I applaud the actors involved for the physical challenge of navigating treacherous circumstances and the pretense of emoting to blue screens that will subsequently come to life on an inanimate digital display. The conclusion is not the obvious one, and it comes as a pleasant surprise.
A thinly veiled homage to "The Wizard of Oz" (remember those flying monkeys?), "Jumanji" is not for the faint of heart. The message is crystal clear and repeatedly pounded home: face your fears head on. It's a meaningful sentiment, but the directive is obliterated by a fresh wave of terrors that may keep you up at night.

I'll add screenshots tomorrow..........I'm knackered!......but I have downloaded & verified this.

Not my rip........thanks to the original poster

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.96 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.07 Mb]

Enjoy!
billanben

Re: [REL] Jumanji (1995)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Kirsten Dunst at the start - the rest sit back and enjoy a masterful performance from Robin Williams. Thanks Loverboy.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

What a waste of Kirsten Dunst. Enjoy it for some comic relief from Bonnie Hunt. Loved the bit where she calls her shrink - "You know that thing we talked about that you said never really happened? Well..."
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Screenshots as promised.

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thanks

Gotta download the whole film to see the bits with leg :)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Few & far between I'm afraid. Screen capture followed by a touch of Photoshop enhancement for maximum pleasure! :dance :dance :dance
emuler

starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

All i'm getting is this.....

Back Soon

We are (and have been for the past 2 days) having some server issues
Do not worry we are working on getting these solved

We will be back soon :)
emuler

It was up when I posted the links. :think:

Anyway, just search your torrent indexing site for jumanji yify. Note that there is an older 720p release fron yify; ignore that one.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Works fine for me. Perhaps your IP is blocking their site? Anyways this is easy to find on torrent and the blu-ray is cheap to buy. I got it last year for under ten bucks. :)