[REL] Priklyucheniya Kalle-syschika (1976)

FLL

[REL] Priklyucheniya Kalle-syschika (1976)

Post by FLL »   16 likes

AKA The Adventures of Kalle the Detective.

Months ago I was searching for OT stuff to post here and came across this Russian version of the Kalle story by Astrid Lindgren, several other versions of which have been released here. I figured, Astrid Lindgren story plus the same director as Paskutine atostogu diena (The Girl and the Echo) means some nice special scenes, right? Wrong. Nothing really. It's a movie for kids. So I put it aside, somewhat disappointed.

I later went back and looked at it again, and became interested. I rarely fully watch Russian movies because I am not that good at following plots without subs. But the song that Kalle's girl sidekick sings captured me, because she's cute and sings this song 5 different times during the movie. And every time she sings it people around her start clapping and dancing, so it must be a great song even though I have no clue what it's about, all I can make out is "Stalin" and "Russia". It's catchy and repetitive and fun and it became my favorite part of the movie and unfortunately burned itself into my brain :icon_1idiot

So eventually I figured the best way to get this song out of my head was to release it here and transfer it to yours :) I made clips out of her performances for anyone who doesn't want to download 2CDs worth of Russsian (Lithuanian actually I think) kids movie.

Clip 1: Kalle has the girl create a distraction by singing.
[Image]

Clip 2: Kalle and his two friends sing and drive.
[Image]

Clip 3: So imagine you are Kalle's male sidekick. You've taken off your shirt, been tied to a chair, and had your friends spread whipped cream all over your chest. What do you do? Sing, of course!
[Image]

Clip 4: Kalle needs a little diversion while he's figuring out the mystery, so the girl and the boy entertain the crowd.
[Image]

Clip 5: The climax of the movie. The girl's riding a donkey and everyone's dancing, of course! :icon_party
[Image]

My Clips:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [17.17 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [22.50 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [14.23 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [23.45 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [50.86 Mb]

The whole movie:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.16 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.01 Mb]

By the way, if Abel or anyone else who speaks the language could identify the song and tell me the lyrics (or provide a link, if it's famous) I would be curious to know what it's about!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1480293/
abel

Re: [REL] Priklyucheniya Kalle-syschika (1976)

Post by abel »   0 likes

OK, I will watch and hear carefully, although otherwise the movie wouldn´t attract my attention, I hate this propaganda context.
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Well, still not deciphered a lyrics of the song, but with very high probability it can´t contain such word like "Stalin", the movie was made sometimes in 60´s and in this time the name of former dictator can´t be pronounced, and especially not in a child movie. Also the word "Russia" wouldn´t very probably appear, in those times it was "Soviet Union", and don´t forget, the movie is made in (Soviet) Lithuania. The actors speak much better Russian as those in "The girl and echo", but the whole movie plays in Sweden, afaik. So I suppose the lyrics will be quite neutral, just speaking to (Soviet) children, and not very popular. Nevertheless, deciphering goes on :)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

abel wrote:Well, still not deciphered a lyrics of the song, but with very high probability it can´t contain such word like "Stalin", the movie was made sometimes in 60´s and in this time the name of former dictator can´t be pronounced, and especially not in a child movie. Also the word "Russia" wouldn´t very probably appear, in those times it was "Soviet Union", and don´t forget, the movie is made in (Soviet) Lithuania. The actors speak much better Russian as those in "The girl and echo", but the whole movie plays in Sweden, afaik. So I suppose the lyrics will be quite neutral, just speaking to (Soviet) children, and not very popular. Nevertheless, deciphering goes on :)
Thanks! Listening again I must have been confused in clip 5, I think Stalin and Russia are different words running together which I misheard. This certainly isn't propaganda!

I may have sold the movie short in my description above when I focused on the song alone... I was watching part of it today with someone else and it is a fun movie, it was fun to try to figure it out without knowing what they are saying. And the girl is cute :)

Here are two pages with many screenshots from the movie:
http://www.etvnet.ca/cgi-bin/video/eitv ... file=90939
http://www.etvnet.ca/cgi-bin/video/eitv ... file=91180

Since it's not in IMDB, here are some movie details:

Приключения Калле-сыщика AKA Priklyucheniya Kalle-syschika (1976)
Director:
  Арунас Жебрюнас Arunas Zhebryunas
Cast:
  Тадас Дилис Tadas Dilis
  Моника Жебрюнайте Monica Zhebryunayte
  Арунас Букялис Arunas Bukyalis
  Аудрюс Валявичус Audryus Valyavichus
  Ритас Белявичус Ritas Belyavichus

I can't find any mention of other movies with Monica Zhebryunayte, unfortunately.
Placid

Post by Placid »   0 likes

>By the way, if Abel or anyone else who speaks the language could identify the song and tell me the lyrics (or provide a link, if it's famous) I would be curious to know what it's about!

I am not sure if you really want to know, but here they are.
According to http://rutube.ru/tracks/1163941.html?v= ... 090a090a25 (video) and http://old-fox.livejournal.com/146655.html (lyrics) the song goes like this:
Josephina was bored at the king's court:
Nobody to talk to, just stupid princesses
But! Finally! She has found someone: Donkey!
Josephina has found the most clever and the most stubborn donkey!

And a lot of people claim to be obsessed with this song. Me - never heard it before. Funny.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

LOL In the days of the cold war the KGB would have put you on a hit list for confusing Stalin with donkey. :icon_biggrin2
jkecal

Post by jkecal »   0 likes

abel wrote:Well, still not deciphered a lyrics of the song, but with very high probability it can´t contain such word like "Stalin", the movie was made sometimes in 60´s and in this time the name of former dictator can´t be pronounced, and especially not in a child movie. Also the word "Russia" wouldn´t very probably appear, in those times it was "Soviet Union", and don´t forget, the movie is made in (Soviet) Lithuania. The actors speak much better Russian as those in "The girl and echo", but the whole movie plays in Sweden, afaik. So I suppose the lyrics will be quite neutral, just speaking to (Soviet) children, and not very popular. Nevertheless, deciphering goes on :)
Concerning "Girl and echo", the film original is in Lithuanian language dubbed by Russian film studio - for this reason, the language of russian version is correct.
You can see original Lithuanian language in inscription made by girl to the beach sand. But the available copies has terrible sound technical quality, so you can not check the original sound quality.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Also streamed :D
part 1

part2
Last edited by ptguardian on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pranama

Post by Pranama »   0 likes

It´s only after short look on vids, but I have a feeling that both parts are swapped, i.e. what´s numbered as 1st part is in fact 2nd part and vice versa. Right now I have no time for further checking, will look at maybe in a week.
valachmar

Post by valachmar »   0 likes

PLEASE REPOST e2dk links. THANX!

FLL wrote:AKA The Adventures of Kalle the Detective.

Months ago I was searching for OT stuff to post here and came across this Russian version of the Kalle story by Astrid Lindgren, several other versions of which have been released here. I figured, Astrid Lindgren story plus the same director as Paskutine atostogu diena (The Girl and the Echo) means some nice special scenes, right? Wrong. Nothing really. It's a movie for kids. So I put it aside, somewhat disappointed.

I later went back and looked at it again, and became interested. I rarely fully watch Russian movies because I am not that good at following plots without subs. But the song that Kalle's girl sidekick sings captured me, because she's cute and sings this song 5 different times during the movie. And every time she sings it people around her start clapping and dancing, so it must be a great song even though I have no clue what it's about, all I can make out is "Stalin" and "Russia". It's catchy and repetitive and fun and it became my favorite part of the movie and unfortunately burned itself into my brain :icon_1idiot

So eventually I figured the best way to get this song out of my head was to release it here and transfer it to yours :) I made clips out of her performances for anyone who doesn't want to download 2CDs worth of Russsian (Lithuanian actually I think) kids movie.

Clip 1: Kalle has the girl create a distraction by singing.
[Image]

Clip 2: Kalle and his two friends sing and drive.
[Image]

Clip 3: So imagine you are Kalle's male sidekick. You've taken off your shirt, been tied to a chair, and had your friends spread whipped cream all over your chest. What do you do? Sing, of course!
[Image]

Clip 4: Kalle needs a little diversion while he's figuring out the mystery, so the girl and the boy entertain the crowd.
[Image]

Clip 5: The climax of the movie. The girl's riding a donkey and everyone's dancing, of course! :icon_party
[Image]

My Clips:
Kalle-syschik clip1.avi
Kalle-syschik clip2.avi
Kalle-syschik clip3.avi
Kalle-syschik clip4.avi
Kalle-syschik clip5.avi

The whole movie:
Kalle-syschik.1of2.VHSrip.by.Ludmila.avi
Kalle-syschik.2of2.VHSrip.by.Ludmila.avi

By the way, if Abel or anyone else who speaks the language could identify the song and tell me the lyrics (or provide a link, if it's famous) I would be curious to know what it's about!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1480293/