[Rel] Addio Zio Tom (1971) [Italy]

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
ARTHORIUS

[Rel] Addio Zio Tom (1971) [Italy]

Post by ARTHORIUS »   50 likes

Also Known As:Farewell Uncle Tom (Australia) (video box title)
Goodbye Uncle Tom (International: English title)
Uncle Tom (International: English title)
White Devil: Black Hell (USA) (X-rated version)

Language:Italian

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180396/

Another italian documentary-shock

Goodbye Uncle Tom is a downright jaw-dropping and surprisingly professional production in the Mondo Cane series. Terrifically shot documentary-style, this film explores the interaction between the races in modern America. Slavery, Black Rage, White Oppression...Jacopetti and Prosperi are all showing it uncensored and without mercy. It's repulsive, shocking and the violence subtly get more under your skin as opposed to the average teenage horror slasher. The inhumanity of previous generations makes you bow your head in shame. Guided by a thrilling Riz Ortolani score (perhaps known best for his Cannibal Holocaust music) Goodbye Uncle Tom shows how black people are being exploited, raped and killed for no reason other than being "inferior". The films opens with a truly atmospheric portrait of how Martin Luther King's death mobilized the black community. Right from that moment, you just know that you're about to see a film that is a lot more intelligent than it seems and ahead of its time when it comes to being provocative. A history lesson that sticks to you! Of course, because of its realism, it cannot be recommended to everyone. Goodbye Uncle Tom is better not watched by the faint-hearted. Highly recommended piece of revolutionary cinema!

[Image]

[Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

And the movie italian language, no subs

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.17 Gb]

Cya :thumbsup
emuler

Re: [REL] ADDIO ZIO TOM (1971)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Another one? Nice work ART. The last one shook me up quite a bit.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

And is not finished...i've others 2...(one not more but last is the most cruel :eyecrazy ) coming soon to release :)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

OMG, this is about as racist as it gets against both whites AND blacks - it portrays all whites as uncivilized bigoted 'massas' and all blacks as stupid savages. Its main goal is shock value and to show naked women getting groped. The ending was blacks getting even with whitey by sadistically killing them with axes and hatchets - I doubt the filmmakers meant that as a compliment, and smashing a fake baby against a wall was way over the top. In short, this film is offensive to BOTH races. Juvenile boys and late teen women are the closest to OT there is, so be warned. Also be aware this is in Italian with no subs - but you don't need them, the message is more than clear. Not a keeper.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

This film is part of a series of 'Shockumentary' films.

Africa Addio is the other part to this one. Both films are utter crap IMHO and prime examples as to why I primarily post the sugary films as you call them.

This film and many others like it are here only because it has a few special keywords mentioned at RFF. :hand

This film has nothing to do with first love, children are not primary characters and childhood beauty in any form what so ever is non-existent.

:!:
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Sounds like this release sucks :onfire
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

The film is unmitigated trash, not worth the waste of a couple hours of your life.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Sad part is this is the type of film that is very well seeded on torrent(A lot of demented people in this world).

:eyecrazy

I guess we can look at it as a good contrast. It makes the rest of the films here feel like a good time at an amusement park on your birthday. :D
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

a cinemageddon film for sure.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:OMG, this is about as racist as it gets against both whites AND blacks - it portrays all whites as uncivilized bigoted 'massas' and all blacks as stupid savages. Its main goal is shock value and to show naked women getting groped. The ending was blacks getting even with whitey by sadistically killing them with axes and hatchets - I doubt the filmmakers meant that as a compliment, and smashing a fake baby against a wall was way over the top. In short, this film is offensive to BOTH races. Juvenile boys and late teen women are the closest to OT there is, so be warned. Also be aware this is in Italian with no subs - but you don't need them, the message is more than clear. Not a keeper.
How long was the film that ART posted? There appear to be several versions of this floating around. IMDB lists this as being 136 minutes long - 2 hrs 16 minutes. Just got a 1.4 GB version off torrent with English audio that is 123 minutes long - 2 hrs 03 minutes and there is certainly some OT stuff there. Can anyone find the full version, so we can satisfy our curiosities and say goodbye to this film for good?

Phuzzy is right - this film is offensive to both blacks and whites. I'm neither, so I can see the funny side, but I suppose you've also got to hear the English dialogue for that. :lol: I wouldn't classify this as a racist film - it is indisciminately offensive to one and all, with a few pot shots taken at Christianity and science for good measure.