[REL] Mavri Emmanouella (1979) [Greece]

Walter

Re: [REL] Mavri Emmanouella (1979) [Greece]

Post by Walter »   0 likes

Well, from what I understand they are not going to be offering the movies in the set individually to purchase, so if the one we want were included, we would be forced to shell out a couple hundred bucks to get it. And God help you if you're the type who likes to buy extra copies of films you really like! So maybe this has a silver lining - with Severin not releasing the movie in the box set, if it were to be released by someone it'd likely be by itself, which is ideal. We can only hope... :icon_waiting
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Some people buy multiple movies in a set when they only want one or two, and sell the rest online right away to those who only want THOSE movies. Supposedly they get enough that they ultimately pay almost nothing for the few they want.

Other people buy multiple copies of a limited edition item as soon as it goes up for preorder, and sell it ("flip it") for twice the initial cost when it goes out of print. There are some that go OOP before the actual street date, thanks to the flippers. Unless someone who wants a copy to actually WATCH IT puts in a preorder right away, they are out of luck for a decent price.

I honestly do not expect this one to get a U.S.-Blu-release, if it is too much of a hot potato for the boutique labels there. Maybe someplace in Europe or Japan, though.

I think I might like CDs of all the groovy Emanuelle songs, particularly for this movie. It has the best music!
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Walter wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:12 pm Well, from what I understand they are not going to be offering the movies in the set individually to purchase, so if the one we want were included, we would be forced to shell out a couple hundred bucks to get it. And God help you if you're the type who likes to buy extra copies of films you really like! So maybe this has a silver lining - with Severin not releasing the movie in the box set, if it were to be released by someone it'd likely be by itself, which is ideal. We can only hope... :icon_waiting

I mavri Emmanouella is not owned by the rightsholders of the Black Emanuelle series. This was basically a ripoff, also starring Laura Gemser as a woman named Emanuelle but who is a completely different character from the traveling photojournalist in the other movies. They'd have to negotiate separately with whoever currently owns the Andromeda International Films portfolio. Which is probably why it wasn't included in that box set.

Boutique releasers don't have to worry too much about controversy, as only those who go looking for a title online even know it exists. Some of the movies I've uploaded in the past couple of years would never have seen the light of day at a major studio label. For the little guys it comes down to how much demand they anticipate and whether or not they can track down the current copyright holder and negotiate a reasonable deal for the bluray distribution rights.

It's always possible we'll see this movie in full glorious HD at some point. As Night says, probably either from Europe or Japan. Everyone keep your eyes peeled!
Walter

In the hopes that I am not coming off as a greedy bastard... :oops:

While I greatly appreciate the versions that deadman and ghost made available to me, which are wonderful, what I was actually hoping to obtain was the special features from the PAL German DVD, which are different from the NTSC American DVD which deadman released. My understanding is that ghost's version is the German DVD without the special features, just the movie, and it sounds like deadman has a PAL DVD version as well but chose not to release it because the NTSC version had better resolution, is that right? I think deadman said his was Greek, though, so might not have the same special features as the German DVD.

Anyway, here's some screenshots of the DVD covers and the stats for the different versions from dvdcompare.net.

First, the American DVD and stats:

[Image]

[Image]

Then, two versions of the German DVD cover and stats:

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Since both versions of the German DVD above were released by the same company, I assume it's just variant DVD covers and the disc contents are the same, since they both claim to be special editions with 14 extra minutes (i.e. the full uncut film).

Anyway, if anyone generously wants to upload the full German DVD - or just the special features - to either eMule or ulozto.net I'd greatly appreciate it - or if it's on there already, let me know (posting it on MEGA won't do me any good as the file will probably be too big for me to download from there). Thank you again! :pray

(P.S. ghost, if perchance you come to my aid, could you please work your HD magic on the special features? :cool )
Night457
Global Moderator

I dunno about greedy but I think you are loopy. :eyecrazy You really want a bunch of movie trailers? Can't they be found on YouTube?
Walter

It's not the movie trailers (though those are part of the special features), it's the production photos and the outtakes that I'm wanting to see. Possibly the outtakes are the same since the listed runtime is near-identical to the American outtakes, but compare the German production photo runtime to the American photo gallery - 9 minutes, 10 seconds versus 5 minutes, 30 seconds, a difference of 3 minutes and 40 seconds (if my math is right). So there must be more goodies there that I haven't seen yet - of course, nothing guarantees the extra time includes more Livia material, but it could. If there ARE more Livia shots, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested in seeing them. :)
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:13 pm I dunno about greedy but I think you are loopy. :eyecrazy You really want a bunch of movie trailers? Can't they be found on YouTube?
Blasphemy!

No but seriously, so many ORIGINAL trailers to this day only exist on old DVDs of other films they were put on for promotion.

I’m thankful for this channel for example that has been uploading old trailers.. https://yewtu.be/watch?v=Sji5zKJS4Xo
Night457
Global Moderator

I assumed outtakes with same runtime would be the same because why in the heck would there be two different sets of outtakes with the same time for the same vintage movie? They just do not save all that much of that stuff.

Clearly the photo gallery is different, even if one of them is just running faster! I always hated the old laserdisc photo galleries of thousands of stills that you would have to click click
Spoiler:

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click
click through ONE - AT -A - TIME. At least with DVD they introduced auto-playback photo galleries, some of which you could speed up playback or pause as you pleased.

I don't watch trailers because they are too long, but I am totally in favor of them being freely available online. It makes sense to continue to promote the films!
Walter

Well, the theatrical trailer for "Mavri Emmanouella", or "Emanuelle Queen of Sados" per the English title, certainly does a good job of promoting the film, as you'll see if you watch deadman's ISO of the DVD (or have the actual physical disc to watch) - they included nearly the entire shower scene in the trailer, as well as bits of the beach scene and the rape scene. Evidently they wanted to make sure the prospective audience knew that they would definitely be seeing a LOT of Livia if they watched the flick... :-o
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Walter wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:57 am Well, the theatrical trailer for "Mavri Emmanouella", or "Emanuelle Queen of Sados" per the English title, certainly does a good job of promoting the film, as you'll see if you watch deadman's ISO of the DVD (or have the actual physical disc to watch) - they included nearly the entire shower scene in the trailer, as well as bits of the beach scene and the rape scene. Evidently they wanted to make sure the prospective audience knew that they would definitely be seeing a LOT of Livia if they watched the flick... :-o
I found it interesting to see which dvd releases/versions of this film used stills of the beach/rape scene on their dvd (back)cover and which ones didn’t.