[REL] Poslední propadne peklu (1982)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Poslední propadne peklu (1982)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

The video itself is finished and looks quite good.

The problem is the Czech audio track. The orignal version has some different cuts. :( I'll try to get it in sync.

See you later...
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Will you just enter blank audio for the cut scenes - or if no dialogue, copy from the other track?
Have you found subtitles? Most like me probably can't understand the German or Czech :(
Still, looking forward to a version without a big logo!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Will you just enter blank audio for the cut scenes
There's an about 2 minutes long scene in the Czech version that isn't in the German version. So there won't be silence.
I'm doing it in Adobe Premiere. Comparing the waveforms.

No, there aren't any subs, as far as I know. :(
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:06 am There's an about 2 minutes long scene in the Czech version that isn't in the German version. So there won't be silence.
That SUCKS! The scene missing in the German, that is.

But you can let your German audience run for a snack during those two minutes. Or maybe even better there is no or little dialog, just an action scene! :D

Or ... there are some Czech members here ... you could ask them to translate the dialog for just those two minutes and then you can do a voice-over German dub for just that section! We'll allow you to delay it another week or two for that! Get your friends and family in on it so it can be a multivoice dub!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Oooh, I already have two files labeled "TEST" for me to sort out which to keep. And I still have yet to try to eyeball them. It'll be nice to have a definitive version!

Curious, which programs do you prefer to do simple audio muxes?
Night457
Global Moderator

Simple audio muxes should be done in mkvmerge GUI. I would be shocked and intrigued if ghost disagreed.
Spoiler:

Goku has started a thread about audio remuxing versions with different runtimes, but ooh no that I have no advice about. And ghost is doing really seriously intensive work with editing different audio together. I have to just sit back and admire his results. I did it once myself by fumbling through with a small portion, and it exhausted me. I did not have ghost's advanced software and know-how.

But for simple remuxes with the movie portion length being the same end-to-end, use mkvmerge GUI. You can experiment in VLC with how much + or - audio sync adjustment you will need, but you have to use your EARS and do some LIP reading. You can do this either by loading the other audio track from another source "live" into VLC, or by creating a test video with one audio out of sync while you play with it in VLC. That video will ultimately be discarded.

Once you have determined your sync, mkvmerge GUI can be used to reorder and remove tracks, change defaults, and permanently set the + or - audio sync in your end-result file.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

No, you got it wrong. It's the other way round.

I used the video from the German version for my upscale and it's a bit shorter. So I have to cut out some Czech audio.

It's the scene from 00:09:19 to 00:11:08. I guess it's not important for the plot
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:52 pm No, you got it wrong. It's the other way round.

I used the video from the German version for my upscale...
[FACE PALM] Yes, you did tell us that. Sorry, I must have been REALLY out of it last night.

:oops:
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:52 pm No, you got it wrong. It's the other way round.

I used the video from the German version for my upscale and it's a bit shorter. So I have to cut out some Czech audio.

It's the scene from 00:09:19 to 00:11:08. I guess it's not important for the plot
Could you not patch in the Czech video and audio - use a logo removal on the logo to make it look less weird? Or would it look too weird - sometimes aspects and colours can change between versions - and having the language change for 2mins might confuse people! ... ok, maybe I can see why you'd cut instead of add. Especially if the scene is not important.
Night457
Global Moderator

Yes, I think the sudden video change would be jarring. Sadly. Continuing throughout with one video source makes sense to me. Abrupt language changes do not bother me quite so much, but that is just me personally. (I am also almost equally non-adept with both Czech and German, so it is not even an issue of comprehension.) I think people should speak whatever language strikes their fancy at the moment and not worry whether their listeners don't understand ... because nobody listens to each other anymore anyway. :(

I have seen plenty of Hindi-language movies where English words and sentences are sprinkled in throughout. Or is this a new language called Hindglish? I am alright as long as the subtitles are complete for the full dialog, and do not jarringly drop out for the English parts!