[REL] No Bikini (2007) short 8 mins. [Canada]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
FLL

[REL] No Bikini (2007) short 8 mins. [Canada]

Post by FLL »   58 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190555/

A while back Amadeus wrote on the subject of prepubescent gender differences...
Amadeus wrote:I really don't see the difference. Put two kids side by side ages 7 to 11. Put a wig on the little boy, cut the little girls hair, slap a thong on 'em, see what you got.
In some cases that's more true than in others, and it reminded me of a short I had heard of. Finally got a copy on DVD...
For six weeks in a young girl's life, she pretended to be a boy in a swim class. Crossing the gender line at 7 provided a strange window into the world of prepubescent masculinity. It's explored with lyrical insight and surreal beauty in this startlingly lovely little drama from Quebec.

[Image] [Image] [Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [69.74 Mb]

EDITED 2-2009 to replace the ed2k link with a better quality one (at about the same filesize)..
Amadeus

Re: [REL] No Bikini (2007) [Short, 8 mins]

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

I'm all over this. Downloading...

Watched.

Probably a good thing none of my guy friends look like that.

[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks! I am on it too.. :thumbsup
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Really beautiful! Thank you for it, FLL.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thank you FLL

Just what the board needs right now!!
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Very cute. :heart :clap
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

In this case, the wig and thong experiment would not be enough. You could shave this girls head, stand her beside a young Macaulay Culkin dressed in drag, but the eyes would win out everytime. Not every girl has such pretty oval eyes. That was my problem with Madita Ep. 7...
I knew they were all girls in head dresses because I seen them nude, but their eyes are not pretty. So without the hair, they all merely look like boys minus their thingy.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Absolutely thanks, FLL!!

I especially love Robin's last line: "...I never once felt naked."

The stigmas we adults pound into our children... :wall

kev.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Might have been more believable if her hair were shorter. You could graft a penis onto that kid and she'd still look like a girl. Like Amadeus said, way too pretty for this particular story. Not that I mind. :inlove
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Glad everyone liked it!
emuler wrote:Might have been more believable if her hair were shorter.
The hair surprised me, when I found the descriptions of this short and then went after the DVD I had preconceptions about the movie which were wrong. I have been looking for good shorts for FLM and found it's often tough from the available description to really know whether it's relevant.

Also: it's funny, to me the (cutest, hottest, whatever) scenes of the girl were at the beginning when when she was trying out the whole bikini, before she took off the top. Reminds me of the old saying that a woman in lingerie is more attractive than a naked woman. (Strange how that old saying didn't mention that a girl in lingerie is more attractive than either... :bigups )
emuler wrote:You could graft a penis onto that kid
Ummmm... I'll pass on that one :)

As an aside... one of the things I love about FLM is the variety of great films I have had my eyes opened to here... I loved short films when I was 12 and a local TV station showed them at 2 in the morning in an "up all night" program, but I had completely forgotten them. Turns out I still like them. Thanks to everyone at FLM! :thumbsup