[REL] Die unendliche Geschichte (1984)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Die unendliche Geschichte (1984)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:00 am Well, I kinda got Gmork mixed with Night Hob. :oops:
Ah, I understand now.
I was only looking at his and Rockbiter's lips. ;)
I spent a lot of time looking at Tami's lips too. :oops: And her dentures, which she had to wear because she lost two front teeth a short time before filming. The character was a "Childlike" ancient but the actress was an actual child. Then they took their sweet time filming her few scenes and the new teeth started to grow in, so she had to take the dentures out and speak more closed-mouth for some of the shots so we wouldn't see the difference. That's the story anyway.

Supposedly Night Hob (Bavarian actor Tilo Prückner in heavy makeup) spoke most of his lines in German on set, and was dubbed in English afterwards. Los Angelino Frank Lenart is credited for his voice; he has worked in a number of German films and series, so maybe he did both the English AND the German voice for Night Hob?

The snail-rider "Teeny Weeny" was played by Kenya-born Deep Roy. He speaks in perfectly clear English in real life but was dubbed by Frank Lenart (again!) with a Southern United States accent.

Gmork is the wolf-like character. I found him much scarier in the German version. (That's the vocal performance, not the language, because the German Rockbiter is a big cutie-pie. :heart )