[REL] Bugsy Malone (1976)

idler

[REL] Bugsy Malone (1976)

Post by idler »   11 likes

1976 was a busy year for Jodie Foster: "Echoes of a Summer","Taxi Driver","Freaky Friday","The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane" and the Alan-Parker-Movie "Bugsy Malone".
[Image] [Image]
imdb means:
A gangster movie where all the gangsters are children. Instead of real bullets they use "splurge guns" that cover the victim in cream. The story tells of the rise of "Bugsy Malone" and the battle for power between "Fat Sam" and "Dandy Dan".
No one seems to miss this in the rare Jodie Foster movies thread, so I think this one has been posted before and got lost at the breakdown 2006.
There are several versions on eMule, here is a German one:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [794.87 Mb]

No idea of the language of these:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

BTW, why doesn't anybody post "Taxi Driver"? Plenty of versions around!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074256/
idler

Re: [REL] Bugsy Malone (1976)

Post by idler »   4 likes

Time for an upgrade.
ESELKULT wrote:Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 24.00fps [English (Video 1)]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo [Undetermined, Михалев (Audio 1)]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo [Undetermined, Многоголосый (Audio 2)]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch [English (Audio 3)]
Subtitle: UTF-8 [English (Subtitle 1) for Hearing impaired]
Length: 93 min 51 sec
Size: 4.62 gigs
Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.62 Gb]

[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Bugsy Malone (1976)

Post by Night457 »   17 likes

1080p UPGRADE
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
My, this all-child gangster musical is a strange film! I have to wonder what they were thinking with the gangster weapon of choice, the Splurge Gun, with the victims getting facials of sticky white goo. (See screenshot 11.) Hmmm. I suppose it was better than having children in a movie with blood and brains splattered on the walls, so they made it "cute" instead. There are funny moments, but everyone plays it straight so it works as a drama. Of course I decided to watch it because of Jodie Foster as a floozy singer moll, but there are some other really good performances in it. Pre-"Happy Days" Scott Baio is good as Bugsy Malone, but the real standout for me was John Cassisi as Fat Sam. He plays a gangster boss to perfection, and I was surprised he did not continue long in show business. I see his performance reflected in later adult roles like Robert De Niro as Capone in The Untouchables (1987), Joe Pesci as Tommy DeVito in Goodfellas (1990) (see screenshot 9), and Jon Polito as Johnny Caspar in Miller's Crossing (1990).

The one major flaw was that while the music was good, the songs were clearly done with the children lip-synching to adult singers, including the composer Paul Williams. Was it too much effort to cast children who could also sing, if this was to be a musical?

Streaming / direct sources:
720p English streaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WCRc0jBOus
1080p Turkish / English dual-language direct-download (NOT VERIFIED):
https://ulozto.net/file/L6XkTHLEuMXr/bu ... f5BGLmMN==

English regular and SDH subtitles synced to the emule file below:
Bugsy.Malone.1976.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.English subtitles.zip
|
This version is 1080p English 5.1:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.79 Gb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.