[REL] Race to Witch Mountain (2009)

emuler

[REL] Race to Witch Mountain (2009)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1075417/

[Image]

Anna Sophia Robb. :inlove
Race to Witch Mountain is an upcoming remake of the original 1975 film Escape to Witch Mountain, using elements from the originating book of the same name. The film is directed by Andy Fickman and stars Dwayne Johnson, AnnaSophia Robb, Alexander Ludwig, and Carla Gugino. Filming began in Los Angeles in March 2008. Race to Witch Mountain is scheduled to be released on March 13, 2009.

Premise

Advancing the storyline from the 1975 film Escape to Witch Mountain, a Las Vegas cab driver (Dwayne Johnson) and a discredited astrophysicist (Carla Gugino) attempt to rescue two paranormal siblings (AnnaSophia Robb and Alexander Ludwig) from the hands of a villainous man (Ciarán Hinds).

Production

In July 2007, Walt Disney Pictures hired Andy Fickman to direct Witch Mountain, a "modern re-imagining" to Escape to Witch Mountain, using a script by Matt Lopez. The following August, actor Dwayne Johnson was cast into a lead role, with filming scheduled to begin in March 2008. Fickman did not describe the film as a remake, defining his production as "a new chapter within the world of Witch Mountain". The director also described the book in which the films are based as "a very cool dark thriller" and anticipated drawing elements from it that did not exist in the 1975 film. By March 2008, filmmakers were using a new script written by Mark Bomback. The film was re-titled Race to Witch Mountain, and it began filming in Los Angeles in the same month.

The convention center in Pomona, California was converted into the film's UFO Expo 9, and the interior of Witch Mountain was designed using photographs from a tour of NORAD's Cheyenne Mountain. A cabin for the story was also built in Agua Dulce, California. The director sought assistance from UFO experts, the military, and CIA advisers to shape the elements of the film. He also introduced a new element in the remake, an extraterrestrial creature called Siphon. The creature was conceived by the design team who created the look for Alien and Predator.
[EDIT] Put quoted text in quotes. Not my own words - I haven't seen it yet. :bigups
Amadeus

Re: [REL] Race to Witch Mountain (2009)

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

AnnaSophia Robb :icon_thumbsup

Disney [Image]
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Yeah looking forward to this too and The Lovely Bones gotta wait till Dec 09 for that though.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

keep in mind this is a full screen vhs screener. quite watchable and best out for now. confirmed i watched on my big screen and was enjoyable.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.33 Mb]

enjoy :thumbsup

:)
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

What's the Quality Like? Color wise ect.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

like i said watchable. but i didn't post as a release knowing that within a couple a weeks a dvd or blu-ray rip will be available. if you can't wait to see this movie i would say it is the best out for now and soon to be plenty of sources. ;)
http://scenereleases.info/2009/06/race- ... -roar.html

ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

well finally here is a dvd rip. confirmed good quality. plenty of sources. thank you emuler for first bringing this movie to my attention. i like it although it had kinda has a predator vs witch mountain feel.that aside AnnaSophia Robb makes the film. :heart

Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.24 Mb]

loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Thanks ptg (& emuler).....nice one! :)
Are there no admin about to move this?
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks ptg! I have watched a number of Annasophia movies recently (Samantha, Winn-Dixie, Terabithia, Spy School) so I'll be watching this one.

loverboy, admins are programmed to convert REQ -> REL, FORTHCOMING -> REL briefly caused a processor fault ;)
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   3 likes

blu-ray rip
very excellent copy :thumbsup

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.40 Gb]
enjoy