[REL] Mit 16 bin Ich weg (2008) [short]

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Mit 16 bin Ich weg (2008) [short]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I didn't watched it neither. But I'll download it now. You made me curious too. ;)

And maybe I can help with the last line.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:10 pm I haven't watched the movie yet, but you made me too curious if I can get the line or not :wall
I TOLD you not to spoil it for yourself! :P

But that has GOT to be it, because it makes perfect sense in the scene. Thank you SO very much!!

Now you can watch the rest.
Spoiler:

(The line did not provide any great revelation, but at least I know that there are not any answers in that scene.)
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:19 pm I didn't watched it neither. But I'll download it now. You made me curious too. ;)

And maybe I can help with the last line.
It's a good little movie well worth watching. I am 99% certain mimzy got it, because it makes sense. Your input will be definitive.

Just watch it through from the beginning, alright? The scene was a surprise to me, but the previous dialog in the film likely provides some forewarning for German speakers. For me the earlier scenes were just "She is talking to her parents and they are all upset."
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:49 pm Just watch it through from the beginning, alright? The scene was a surprise to me, but the previous dialog in the film likely provides some forewarning for German speakers.
Spoiler:

I just watched it through from beginning to end. Nope, the dialogue did not provide many hints to me. Maybe I missed something, but basically the daughter is worried about the father and the mother does not want the father to see the kids for "their own good". We don't hear what the father speaks on the phone, but allegedly he theratens to kill himself, etc. The ending was in any case unexpected.
Night457
Global Moderator

Wow, I had been so impressed with myself for understanding the movie without subtitles or knowledge of German, but I was totalling sideswiped by the ending and thought I missed out from not understanding the dialog, As it turns out according to mimzy (without my spoiling anything to others), understanding the dialog would not have told me anything I did not already figure out! Well!

We'll see if ghost provides any insight.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Heheh Night, you sure know how to make people curious enough to watch a movie. I am curious now as well! Grabbing the short now!
Night457
Global Moderator

Just tell them there is a big surprise at the end and NOT TO LOOK??!?!?

(Whatever you do, DON'T TOUCH THE HISTORY ERASER BUTTON!!!)
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Lol you know how I am about avoiding spoilers and even general knowledge before going into a movie. I was afraid to even click your link till I saw it was a vimeo url. Heh, I think I saw that one one on the tv way back when.
Night457
Global Moderator

pillowbaker wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:55 am Lol you know how I am about avoiding spoilers and even general knowledge before going into a movie.
So it is inevitable that TELLING people there are spoilers will catch some attention. Clearly it worked on you!

Maybe I should work as a carnival barker outside one of their freak shows, telling people that the wonders inside are not for impressionable children or those with heart conditions. (Of course the people on display are perfectly pleasant and not at all terrifying. "We accept you, one of us!")
I was afraid to even click your link till I saw it was a vimeo url.
Well, I am not THAT mean! I have hidden enough Spoilers in the thread already. That was just a joke, with the link there to explain the joke because not everyone will understand my High Culture references.

The particular full film that I referenced was a life-changing experience for me and has molded my personal philosophy ever since. I quote those characters all the time, and almost no one has any idea what the heck I am talking about.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:46 pm Well, I am not THAT mean! I have hidden enough Spoilers in the thread already. That was just a joke, with the link there to explain the joke because not everyone will understand my High Culture references.
Yeah I also considered that too before clicking. ;) But if you had started out with your carnival barker idea and said, whatever you do, don't look here! I dunno if I would have done any better than Stimpy.

But I am honestly happy to see someone take so much from R&S (not dragging on the show at all, it was great). Me, I just liked it when Powdered Toast Man farted on on their toast, etc, but I have a similar perspective toward Bill and Ted, which influences my personal outlook as well.