[REL] Sin City (2005)

emuler

[REL] Sin City (2005)

Post by emuler »   1 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401792/

[Image]
Sin City comes to life on the screen directly off the pages of Frank Miller's comic book series. Sin City (Basin City) is a violent city where the police are crooked, crime is rampant in the streets, and the women are beautiful and deadly. The film is a collection of three story lines that connect all the characters to Sin City. The main character is Marv (Mickey Rourke) a street thug who is framed for the murder of a gorgeous and kind prostitute, Goldie (Jaime King), while she was asleep in his bed. To avenge the death of Goldie, Marv sets out on a mission of violence where no one better get in his way. The second storyline is Dwight (Clive Owen) a friend and old flame of the head of the Sin City hookers, who gets caught up in the killing of a corrupt cop and must cover it up to save the girls. The third storyline is about a policeman, Hartigan (Bruce Willis), who was only one hour away from early retirement, but instead of retiring, is shot and arrested and put in jail for 8 years for a crime he didn't commit
The comic book ancestry is obvious, and very well done. The whole experience is like having a comic book come to life. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm sure some of our more bloodthirsty members will find it quite satisfying. :)
One of the above mentioned story lines is relevant here.
Hartigan (Bruce Willis) races to the docks to prevent Junior (Nick Stahl) from raping and murdering 11-year-old Nancy.
The crazed psychopath cum paedophile is the only son of an all powerful senator, so there are powerful forces (legal and otherwise) protecting and assisting him.
Young Nancy - played by Makenzie Vega - has a fairly decent role. :heart Also starring are Jessica Alba, Brittany Murphy and Alexis Bledel. :inlove

This has more links than anyone will ever need, but I suggest we go for the extended versions found at STF. :thumbsup
Like this post to see ed2k links  [702.09 Mb]
2 CD
Like this post to see ed2k links  [698.59 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.05 Mb]

For those with humongous bandwidth and disk space, there is a BDRIP:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [7.95 Gb]
emuler

Re: [REL] Sin City (2005)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Hm.. the recut extended version has done away with the interleaving so the stories are told one at a time, instead of jumping around from tale to tale. I'm not sure I like that. :think I thought the jumping around was pretty cool. :cool

If you like this, might be worth your while getting the non-recut version for comparison purposes.

Those who can't be bothered with the other stories, just get CD2. They saved the best for last. ;)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

As promised, a few screenshots, and then I'm done:

[Image]...[Image]

[Image]...[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

I've heard some nice things about Makenzie Vega [:heart] in this film... Just sorta putting off getting the DVD until the price came down.

Thanks for the release, emuler! The screen shots look great! Makenzie is REALLY cute!! (In a sad, melancholy sorta way...)

kev.