[REL] The Secret Life of Bees (2008)

ptguardian

Re: [REL] The Secret Life of Bees (2008)

Post by ptguardian »   5 likes

not the directors cut but best quality out right now.a blu-ray rip :)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.00 Gb]
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

What are the differences between Directors Cut & Standard.. (I have both) was just wondering..
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i am not sure what is missing. i have only watched all of the film with the blu-ray rip. i am curious myself.
:think :)
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

I used to have a site in my bookmarks (lost it :( ) that compared DC to standard versions
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

katzenjammer wrote:And the directors cut, only aXXo-rip:
Not really. This version has exactly the length as ptguardian's post from January, 22nd - 1:53:50.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Yes, can someone explain me, whats different in the directors cut?
idler

Post by idler »   4 likes

I daresay the quality is satisfying. Runtime 1:49:49.

[Image] [Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.35 Gb]
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   18 likes

Here's a full upgrade of Dakota's finest.

RFF https://www.rarefilmfinder.com/movie.php?id=17251
LMA https://lostmoviesarchive.com/movie/812
IMDb https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416212/

[Image]
[Image]

plenty more images at above links.

Set in South Carolina in 1964, this is the tale of Lily Owens -- a 14 year-old girl who is haunted by the memory of her late mother. To escape her lonely life and troubled relationship with her father, Lily flees with Rosaleen, her caregiver and only friend, to a South Carolina town that holds the secret to her mother's past. Taken in by the intelligent and independent Boatwright sisters, Lily finds solace in their mesmerizing world of beekeeping.

I wrote a review of this:
Spoiler:

Sincere and sweet

The natural world order is a clockwork-like mechanism of rituals and rhythms that are invisible to the naked eye.

But "The Secret Life of Bees" has no mysterious eddies or agendas below its surface. Its truths are as plainspoken as the nose on your face.

And if its story of a troubled young girl's coming of age and the three sisters who help her find her place in the world follows a too-familiar template, it is thoroughly generous of spirit. That the girl, played by Dakota Fanning, is white and the sisters are African-American are notable distinctions in a tale set in a civil rights-era South. And although the lessons seem slight and sometimes even elementary, this does not make them any less heartfelt or sincere.

The first words out of the girl's mouth are a stunning admission: "I was 4 years old when I killed my mother."

There is more to it than that; the mother was shot while struggling for a gun with the girl's father, in the girl's presence.

But the crushing feelings of guilt and loss that consume the girl are compounded by the father's cruel treatment of her. And so, 10 years after her mother's death, on her 14th birthday, when a domestic who cares for her is beaten trying to register to vote, the two run away in search of the girl's mother's roots.

They don't travel far, but they end up in a place so idyllic as to seem another world. It is the home of three sisters, played by Queen Latifah, Sophie Okonedo and Alicia Keys. And it is a honey farm tended to by Latifah, who gently dispenses homespun wisdom while teaching Fanning the craft of beekeeping.

In a more realistic film, police would be searching for Fanning and the domestic, played by Jennifer Hudson. But this is a safe harbor and sanctuary, and harm touches them only if they leave it.

Leave it they do, and touch them it eventually does, compounding Fanning's sense of guilt. But even as it does, the small details of each character's life are allowed to unfold piecemeal, like bread crumbs leading the way along a path toward forgiveness and reconciliation.

"Bees" was adapted from the novel by Sue Monk Kidd and "Love & Basketball" writer-director Gina Prince-Bythewood.

And while it has a period and rural naturalism and explores themes of remembrance, sisterhood and racial tolerance, the film's strength is in its subtly powerful performances.

Latifah conveys a distinctive Mother Earth-like aura of authority and integrity.

Okonedo, who was in "Hotel Rwanda," conveys childlike simplicity.

And Keys, the singer who also was in "The Nanny Diaries," personifies the defiance of a changing era.

While Fanning's character is superficially a variation on the rape victim she played in "Hounddog," her mature performance is the window to an inner life that would otherwise be invisible to the naked eye.
Here's a full HD x265 rip for y'all
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.30 Gb]

disclaimer: I'm still posting from a Low-ID client, I do not have a lot of privileges, please have some patience before this is fully shared. Working on the issue!

Don't go quietly into the night.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Quickone wrote:What are the differences between Directors Cut & Standard.. (I have both) was just wondering..
We still don't have an answer for this. All the BluRay rips are 1hr 49 min, but IMDB says 1hr 54min. :?