[REL] En Tu Ausencia AKA In Your Absence (2008)

Hieronymus

Re: [REL] En Tu Ausencia AKA In Your Absence (2008)

Post by Hieronymus »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:as long as we can find it in the search. it shouldn't really matter whom is correct.

i see both of your points. i agree with Idler but i also agree with Hieronymus. i have seen many films that were filmed on location somewhere else. but it is hard to decide where they should be placed here when you let your emotional attachment interfere. we all are here to enjoy the films that are graciously shared here and hopefully won't let it become to organized otherwise our focus changes to the organization of the films instead of the enjoyment of the films themselves. ;)

i do appreciate the added info for the film. thank you Hieronymus :cool

:)
Now, see there - that's such a nice response. Thanks, for that, PT. :bigups

When I first posted on this thread I was afraid I might stir up some, "Just-who-does-this-noob-think-he-is-busting-in-on-our-quiet-little-establishment-telling-us-to-move-the-furniture-around-and-change-the-drapes?!" sort of reactions from the FLM veterans. Frankly, that's a justifiable response, since I am a noob, and I have, essentially, told you to to move the furniture around and change the drapes. I did mention something about that "compulsive" tendency of mine, didn't I ...?

Welcome to MY life. :icon_1idiot

But, idler made such a sensible and polite reply to my lengthy dissertations, and PT was amiable enough to see both sides of the discussion. Clearly I was mistaken about the sort of responses I feared I might elicit. FLM'ers are demonstrably a cut above your run-of-the-mill interwebs forum folk.

Thanks again for indulging me. :)

- Hieronymus

P.S. I'm still right about the Spain [REL] thing! ;)
Pranama

Post by Pranama »   0 likes

Yes, Hieronymus, you ARE right! To see this completely Spanish movie under Canada is something, I don´t know, maybe like a Dickens´book in a shelf with Chinese literature in bookstore or library only because it was printed in China. A sheer nonsense, and a proof of (mostly American) ignorance for geographical, historical etc. facts. Sorry for strong opinion, but I feel it´s justified.
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

Yes, this completely Spanish movie with an English director/composer, an executive producer who seems to come from Pennsylvania, a Dutch co-producer who spends his life between Norway and Spain; responsible for the cut is a known English director, and don't forget the Canadian accountant!

I concede that the movie is clearly sponsored by Osborne's Veterano; that may make it Spanish...
Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus »   0 likes

pranama wrote:Yes, Hieronymus, you ARE right! To see this completely Spanish movie under Canada is something, I don´t know, maybe like a Dickens´book in a shelf with Chinese literature in bookstore or library only because it was printed in China. A sheer nonsense, and a proof of (mostly American) ignorance for geographical, historical etc. facts. Sorry for strong opinion, but I feel it´s justified.
I appreciate your support for my point, pranama, but I don't think the shot about "mostly American ignorance" is fair or justified.

This is a multinational board. The Admin's reasoning regarding a film's country of origin has nothing whatsoever to do with "geographical" or "historical" ignorance. They just decided, for consistency's sake, that the country of copyright origin determines the nationality of the film. In most cases that's a correct call, but in the particular case of "En Tu Auscencia," I think that designation fails the test of reason. Regardless, it's ultimately up to them, and I'll accept whatever they decide on the subject (even though I may not like it). ;)

Quite frankly, I grow tired of seeing "American" used as a derogatory term to emphasize some negative point. The USA is a BIG, culturally and geographically diverse nation, and despite popular notions to the contrary, Americans have no exclusive corner on "geographical" or "historical" ignorance. So, PLEASE - let's not indulge in bigoted assumptions just to make a minor point about the inconsequential designation of some silly movie.

- Hieronymus
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

This is a subject that crops up every now and then. You're right, FLMers are rather laid back about stuff like this. It is also a friendly forum, and we cut people a lot of slack (although there have been cases that have 'pushed the envelope' ;) ). My kind of place. :inlove

https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=4602
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

My sympathy is with Debaser.......his release has been well and truly hi-jacked!
Debaser wrote: IMDB shows country: as Canada, hence why this is in that section.
So lets not get a debate going about that.
Enough said?

lb
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:My sympathy is with Debaser.......his release has been well and truly hi-jacked!
Debaser wrote: IMDB shows country: as Canada, hence why this is in that section.
So lets not get a debate going about that.
Enough said?

lb
TY LOL
It’s like why did I bother writing that because someone was bound to do the complete opposite anyway!?

Oh well, the combination of motherless & IMGSRC is much more interesting than this debate which is why I haven’t gone off on one.

If anyone wants to move this thread to Spain I promise not to cry!
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   19 likes

1080p upgrade! It has 22 GB - so it makes no sense to REL it as a e-mule link.
It takes "only" 30 hours to download it.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [57.9 Kb]
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Thanks, jezevex! BTW, torrent files can be also attached to a post.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i'm getting this about 300kbs,28% so far.