ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Kisses (2008) [Ireland]

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Upgraded from 720 to 1080p.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:25 pm Upgraded from 720 to 1080p.

Thank you Ghost! 8-)

Night457 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:59 pmI definitely needed those subtitles. "give her a lick out" is a new one for me. I never would have figured out that line. English actors like to joke that doing American accents is easy for them because Americans "sound much like Irish." Ha! I am afraid I can't hear that. I had a tough time with these Dubliner accents!

How ever did their budget allow for actual Bob Dylan songs?!?!

Yeah those accents can be rough. I had to turn on the subs too.

Maybe Bob Dylan watched this movie and liked it enough to let them use his songs without paying a fortune.

The kissing scene is one of the longest and most passionate you will ever see with kids this young. The only thing remotely comparable I can recall would be this Russian 12 year old duo's music video: Little Foxes (2013)

The director wanted amateurs with no prior film experience for Kisses. They found Kelly O'Neill first and apparently she was quite a handful. When they were auditioning for boys to play the second lead, she was bossing them around, having them do things for her, and most of them did. But Shane Curry responded to Kelly ordering him to get a snack for her by saying something like "I'm not your slave, get it yourself!". That basically landed him the role. He was the only boy who wasn't intimidated by Kelly's assertiveness. :D

Both kids were headstrong and hard to corral. They goofed around a lot on set, mouthed off to the director, and even quarreled with each other - although they seemed to have a bit of a crush on each other too so the kissing scene at the end may not have been entirely acting. Regrettably neither of them had very long careers. Kelly was only in one other film later in 2008, Shane did four more but hasn't made another movie since 2012.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for the upgrade, ghost, and I enjoy your film anecdotes, deadman. I can now delete an old torrent of this that I've been trying to download for almost a year now.