[REL] Heidi (1993) TV

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Heidi (1993) TV

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Wow thanks Night, such a selection of sources! Little Noley is super adorable! I ended up watching part of this particular Heidi while looking for other Noley and Heidi films, and I do clearly recall the opening part that you're referring to. Although it certainly wasn't a great opening, it didn't strike personally as off-putting enough to disregard the rest of the film. Heheh, the screenwriters were probably thinking, "what's the fastest way we can kill these people off!? We've only got 3 hours."
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Heidi (1993) TV

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Well obviously *I* still watched it! I think it only took 4 minutes until we got into the REAL story. I don't know how the original book handled it, but in the other traditional-story movie versions Heidi is introduced already an orphan, with differing explanations as to how her parents died. Normally I would go by the movie dictum "show, don't tell" but in this case I would make an exception. Jason Robards was generally a good actor but I actually laughed at his grief, it was so over the top.

I am a terrible person. :twisted: