[REL] Du är inte klok, Madicken (1979) + eng subs

mexlink

Re: [REL] Du är inte klok, Madicken (1979) + eng subs

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:04 pm
mexlink wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:14 am Seems like I'm late to the party. Do you remember which version has the highest quality?
Finally, there is MY OWN REMUX, which I have never shared. My own version has 1080p H264 video and original Swedish audio. I am pretty sure I used ghost's video, but again I don't trust my memory.
Can you please share your own remux version? Thanks!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   31 likes

mexlink wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:41 am Can you please share your own remux version? Thanks!
Gladly!

I think I have to credit ghost as the SOURCE for the video portion. Thanks, ghost!

The English subtitles I translated/corrected from the Swedish two years ago because I did not like the readily-available translation. Now I would surely translate it differently, but I am not going to.

English and Swedish subtitles:
Du är inte klok, Madicken (1979).ENGLISH & SWEDISH SRTs.zip
My video specifications:
Spoiler:

Unique ID : 63759954064763115046784725469274189586 (0x2FF7B871493BA9087CFA4DD48B222F12)
Complete name : Du är inte klok, Madicken (1979).mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4
File size : 3.35 GiB
Duration : 1 h 37 min
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 4 900 kb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2017-05-18 13:14:38
Writing application : Lavf58.65.100
Writing library : Lavf58.65.100
ErrorDetectionType : Per level 1

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.1
Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=25
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate mode : Variable
Maximum bit rate : 4 643 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Language : Swedish
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : A_AAC-2
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Language : Swedish
Default : Yes
Forced : No
1080p with Swedish audio:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.35 Gb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

Finished downloading your copy, Night457! It's quality is great, thanks!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Glad you like how it looks, mexlink! If you are new to the film itself also, I hope it gives you much enjoyment.

I kept emule running but stayed away from using the rest of my bandwidth long enough to upload my 1080p Swedish file to ulozto, for those who can not emule:

https://ulozto.net/file/KBn3b9YBQuaz/du ... qQZGExAj==
marvingray

Post by marvingray »   2 likes

Anyone know of any other shows like this? In the sense of, slice of life, cute girl main characters that are the focus, isn't super over the top silly like Disney style shows? I feel like I found a one of a kind gem in this series/movies. Only thing I can think of with a similar feel is 1993 Secret Garden, which I also love.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

My heart tells me that it is a one of a kind gem. My brain tells me that there are surely other shows with similar appeal. I am interested in recommendations too!

Astrid Lindgren wrote tons of great stories, although my favorites also inlude her more fantasy-based works like Ronja Rövardotter (1984)

But for more realistic, real-life adventures, there are her Bullerby stories that are half girl cast, half boy cast:
Alla vi barn i Bullerbyn (1986)

Mer om oss barn i Bullerbyn (1987)
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   3 likes

marvingray wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:14 am Anyone know of any other shows like this? In the sense of, slice of life, cute girl main characters that are the focus, isn't super over the top silly like Disney style shows? I feel like I found a one of a kind gem in this series/movies. Only thing I can think of with a similar feel is 1993 Secret Garden, which I also love.
I think you've come to the right place, marvingray. Cute girl main characters abound here. It is somewhat harder to recommend something that utilizes a more passive, slice of life narrative. However, in addition to Night's suggestions, you might also try Pippi Långstrump [TV series] and perhaps some of the DEFA classics, like Gritta vom Rattenschloß and Ein Kolumbus auf der Havel.

Let us know what you end up discovering here and what you enjoyed.
marvingray

Post by marvingray »   0 likes

Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't realize there were two of the "Noisy Children" movies, so that's a win. There is something about movies based on books that seem to treat the viewer with a bit more respect than other content aimed at young audiences.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

marvingray wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:55 amThere is something about movies based on books that seem to treat the viewer with a bit more respect than other content aimed at young audiences.
Hmm, that is a thought. Movies are certainly capable of ruining a good book, but with an intelligent adaptation they are great!

I don't know their exact story sources, but pillowbaker's DEFA recommendations are great movies.
marvingray

Post by marvingray »   2 likes

I'll never have the opportunity to talk about this show with anyone else, so I just want to share a few thoughts:

-I love their relationship with Alva. She seems like a better mom than their actual mom. In fact, the first time I saw the Du är inte klok, Madicken without subtitles I thought she was their mother. Also, I just gotta mention she is an extremely beautiful woman. She would've been around 35 when this show was filmed.
-That said, Alva literally loses Lisbet on the Christmas episode, who lays down to accept her fate in the snowy wilderness. This show is frequently(and I assume unintentionally?) morbid with the way the children put themselves in mortal danger.
-I liked Madicken's relationship with Mia. It was touching. In general, Madicken's attention to class differences and empathy for those less fortunate than her seems like a major theme throughout the show that I appreciated.
-I also liked her friendship(and crush?) with Abbe, but man he was cruel to her at times. Particularly on the episode where he pretended to be a ghost.
-Speaking of which, everything in this show was so well acted. I am always impressed when any show manages to get a great performance out of children.
-One more thing, I like how the show had some level of interconnection throughout the episodes. I noticed some songs that played on the radio might be sung by other characters later on, for example. Not sure if this was a thing in the books, or just something they did for the show. Also, for that matter, I've only got the subtitles for the movies so for the TV specific sections I am sometimes just guessing about what is happening.

Anyway, I've spammed up this thread enough, just wanted to share my final thoughts now that I'm pretty sure I've watched all the episodes. I hope I find something like this again someday. The other Astrid Lindgren films, of course, fit that fairly well, and the Greta movie with the rats that pillowbaker suggested was also really good. I am odd, my favorite part of Lord of the Rings is when they are all just hanging out in the Shire, so I think I get the same vibe from this Madicken series.