Durval Discos (2002)

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]
DURVAL DISCOS

BRAZIL, 2002
Director: Anna Muylaert
Comedy, Drama, 96 minutes

With its colourful production design, eccentric characters and a soundtrack full of Brazilian pop music (the scratches on the vinyl are still audible), Durval Discos comprises all the elements of a light-hearted comedy. The feature debut of TV maker and former film critic Anna Muylaert gradually escalates into a dark absurdist tale with a surprising end.

Rocker Durval does not keep up with the times. He still lives with his aging mother; his haircut hasn't changed since the 1970s and in his record shop he still only sells vinyl – out of conviction. If he had sold CDs, his shop would have been called Durval CDs, he tells the occasional customer who comes in and asks for a CD.

His mother, Carmita, starts to get confused. When she even forgets the recipe for Durval's favorite egg dish, Durval has had enough:. He hires a maid called Celia. who is a little strange, but stunningly beautiful. However, on her first day at work, she disappears without trace and leaves her five-year-old daughter Kiki behind with Carmita and Durval. Carmita's maternal instincts are immediately aroused and after an initial hesitation, Durval also falls for the little girl. Then on the evening news, they see that a five-year-old girl has been kidnapped...From then on, the film turns to “side B” playing a detective plot with very Latin American surreal overtones.
Trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmYYe6MHjL8

Like this post to see ed2k links  [698.09 Mb]

:think

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314009/
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Durval Discos (2002) [Brazil]

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i have this one somewhere. i will check and see if the file matches up. funny thing is i know i downloaded it but don't remember the film. too many films i haven't watched yet. some year i might watch them all. lol

:)
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

jwsmith88

Post by jwsmith88 »   1 likes

This one is a verified copy of the subject movie.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [698.09 Mb]
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks jwsmith!

By the way... all three links in this thread so far are the same file. The title doesn't matter, it's the filehash that identifies the file on the eMule network. You can view the filehash to check this by mousing over the ed2k link.

I have made the filehash in the following red to illustrate.
ed2k://|file|Anna Muylaert - Durval Discos - 2002 - Brasil.avi|731997864|F97F3E5A4ADFD1967D64612DFFD74F3D|h=SEYP7YZOAMDHIFA5UYR24GEWS4H7L2MQ|/

Also, the numbers before the | before filehash are the file length, which is a quick way to tell whether the linked files are different sizes.