[REL] Summerhood (2008)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Summerhood (2008)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

:D :D :D

In all seriousness, I am sure I am not the only one here who appreciates your expertise.

(Yeah, yeah I know that kind of talk makes you blush.)

... and that is in fact precisely how I have done audio-muxing, no joke. Sometimes it is faster to learn just one more feature of a program I already know than to learn a whole new one which may be better.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

And also in all seriousness: XMediaRecode is really a great software with a lot of features. And it's for free!
sifon773_lover

Post by sifon773_lover »   0 likes

ghost wrote:That's a pretty complicated way, Night457 :o

It's much easier to do it just in MKVToolNix.

The problem with these two files: The beginning of the 720p file is much longer, so the audio won't be in sync. You have to cut the 720p file before remuxing or just cut the first seconds of the 6channel ac3.

Anyway: I'll keep the 720p version, because the bitrate of the 1080p is just too low.
Well, I am really pleased with your expertise, sir! Enjoy and cheers!
“If you can get to be you, why can't I get to be me?”
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:It's much easier to do it just in MKVToolNix.
Today I had another case where I wanted to mux in an alternate audio track from another file, so I decided to use this software, which I already had but had not learned how to use.

SWEET! Once I "Read The Fantastic Manual", it was pretty easy and FAST. I did not need to do any audio track re-syncing for this one, but I could see that if necessary it was done the same way (as Avidemux). I am a total convert to MKVToolNix (mkvmerge GUI) now. Thank you, ghost!

Now my revised "instructions" read thus:

(1) Use Google to learn how to play an alternate audio track in VLC, and use Track Synchronization in VLC if necessary to find out how much it needs to be synced.
(2) Read the online instructions for MKVToolNix (mkvmerge GUI) to do everything else.
[or]
(3) Wait for ghost to upload a better file instead. :D ;) :P

Awesome.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:(3) Wait for ghost to upload a better file instead. :D ;) :P
Hey! That's MY plan. No stealing. :lol:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   3 likes

I'm glad, that I could help ;)
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:That's a pretty complicated way, Night457 :o

It's much easier to do it just in MKVToolNix.

The problem with these two files: The beginning of the 720p file is much longer, so the audio won't be in sync. You have to cut the 720p file before remuxing or just cut the first seconds of the 6channel ac3.

Anyway: I'll keep the 720p version, because the bitrate of the 1080p is just too low.

Multiple ways I'd do it. The easiest way is to use MKVToolnix's MKVmerge GUI. Select either the audio or video track and type a number into the delay (in MS) remember of course 1000ms in 1 second. Think you can use "-" before the numbers if you want to push it back / forwards.

On the subject of audio I often find the audio level of DVD's is terribly low. Often -4Db. So I take the DVDrip's WAV file into "Audacity" (a awesome free audio editing software) and select "filter - Normalise" then set it to -0.8dB. If you boost it to 0dB then you risk the audio clipping / spiking. Then use something like RazorLame to encode it to 160kbit stereo. Then mux the audio back to the video in MKVmerge GUI being careful to note the frame rate of the source video and choosing the same for the re-encode.
While in Audacity it is also very simple to trim the audio file down before encoding. You can even time expand/ reduce the file if you have 2 sources that are playing at slightly different speeds - but that gets really complicated and messy!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks to jwsmith88, sifon and ghost for discovering and sharing this darling looking movie. Can't wait to see what I've been missing from some light Canadian cinema!