[REL] The Lover (1992)

emuler

Re: [REL] The Lover (1992)

Post by emuler »   1 likes

I have a 7.93GB rip that I linked above if anyone wants. Jane March is breathtakingly beautiful. :inlove :inlove :inlove
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

emuler wrote:I have a 7.93GB rip that I linked above if anyone wants. Jane March is breathtakingly beautiful. :inlove :inlove :inlove
Is this the bluray version? If so, then yes please share!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I had not gotten around to getting this myself, but yes it is one of many blu-ray rips.
https://rarbgweb.org/torrent/hnwjq8k
If you do torrents, you have to complete a Captcha and then click the link here again to see the page, or search in Rarbg.

There are now some new torrents that are 2160p ripped from the 4k UHD disc, but they are 49 gigabytes and larger! I had been considering buying that disc ...
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:I had not gotten around to getting this myself, but yes it is one of many blu-ray rips.
If you do torrents, you have to complete a Captcha and then click the link here again to see the page, or search in Rarbg.

There are now some new torrents that are 2160p ripped from the 4k UHD disc, but they are 49 gigabytes and larger! I had been considering buying that disc ...
49 gigs!? Way too big to share via emule or ddl.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

mexlink wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:45 pm
Night457 wrote:I had not gotten around to getting this myself, but yes it is one of many blu-ray rips.

49 gigs!? Way too big to share via emule or ddl.
I guess maybe with eMule and it’s technical limitations (I Heard the ed2k is slow because of its technical design).

But other than that it wouldn’t be a problem. I looked into my torrent client and one video File that was 25gb big I already re-seeded (uploaded) 45gb of it myself. My upload speeds aren’t great but average after I regularly upgraded my internet every couple years. (15years ago maybe 16Mbit)
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

I can get any of these releases and share it (if you can use Usenet just message me and I send you the nzb‘s)

@deadman this is one of the few films that apparently didn’t just get a bluray but 4K/uhd release which happens not too often although Hamilton’s film is now also getting a 4K release:

[Image]

[Image]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Wow, goku! I bet this looks mighty nice in 4k. Me, I am usually around 15 years behind in video tech quality, so I'll be quite some time before I indulge in 4k (even 5 years from now, I imagine feeling iffy about 18+ gB filesizes).

There are quite a few "remastered" encodes at rarbg, many of them well-seeded:
https://rarbgweb.org/torrents.php?imdb=tt0101316

This movie quite surprised me when I first watched it, my original file was downloaded in 2008. They made her look so young in the beginning! So later on I was totally :o :shock: :blush :blush I might just have to stand outside in the cold a while.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

If you are "15 years behind in video tech quality", does that mean you are beginning to seriously consider this Blu-ray thing, since it looks like it will win the format war against HD DVD?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_DVD#:~ ... ears%20ago

(I waited until considerably AFTER that point ...)
Zorijer

Post by Zorijer »   2 likes

At least one release has some interesting extras (behind the scenes/deleted scenes).
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Heh HD DVD had lost the war long before I even got a mid-grade, non-smart, 1080p flat screen television. It's the one I still use in the bedroom, and it's great! It displays 480p and older media well enough, possibly (I am fumbling and BS'ing here) because there isn't as much contrast between the quality it's capable of and the quality of some of the SD videos I watch on it.

The living room has the HD CRT tv, which I picked up a just a few years ago from a donation receiver outside of a goodwill, who let me have it because I slipped him 20 bucks. :D It displays 480p and 1080i very nicely, and it weighs over 200 pounds. Phew!!

To really answer your question, yes, it was only relatively recently I started to consider this 1080p thing in general. Heh cuz a few years ago doesn't seem like that long a period of time in this regard. Before that, I went through a stretch of not downloading for years and only played with a chromebook, and before that, my old desktop could not play 1080p files and the monitor was too low res for them anyway. Nowadays, I LOVELOVELOVE these 1080p files!!

Edit:
Zorijer wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:29 am At least one release has some interesting extras (behind the scenes/deleted scenes).
Can you please point out which release that you'd suggest for extras?