Post by ghost »   121 likes

I did what was possible. Don't expect real HD, even though I did it in 720p:

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.03 Gb]

It seems, that the first part of this 3 hours TV-movie is lost forever. :(
deadman

Re: [REL] Le surdoue (1997)

Post by deadman »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:17 amThanks! I will try to download all various versions of this that I could find and then provide it to you.

Every version I ever found is based on the same TV broadcast, I've seen worse but it's pretty low quality. Appears to be an OTA signal or lousy analog cable capture from the 90's (possibly the first run). Surely this must have aired more than once though! If you could find a different source (even HD) that would be fantastic!
orangelamp

Post by orangelamp »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:49 pm It seems, that the first part of this 3 hours TV-movie is lost forever. :(
It's got to be out there in a vault somewhere. Lets hope it surfaces some day.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:17 pm Surely this must have aired more than once though!
https://yewtu.be/watch?v=875HxB9cSK4

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/04/26/ ... elevision/ :D :D (she did it for American television channels)
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Hilarious how some sites sell TVRips as/on DVD‘s. I guess for the less technical people that don’t bother with filesharing?

https://dvdbay.com/dvd/le-surdoue-1997- ... es-on-dvd/
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   1 likes

Dvdbay DVDLADY CVMC and there are probably more
And since ghost made 720p upscale soon we will see Bluray :D
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:04 am Hilarious how some sites sell TVRips as/on DVD‘s. I guess for the less technical people that don’t bother with filesharing?
Absolutely! Doktorfroyd's was the BEST!

Site long gone, but mentioned occasionally at FLM way back when:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1580&hilit=doktorfroyd

It is also a matter of how much you value time vs. money, and bandwidth availability.
There was a time when I had more money, less time, and dreadful internet speeds. I was clever enough to figure out technical stuff bit by bit, but when it takes a half hour to download an MP3, then filesharing movies is not a reasonable option. And I had not discovered that oddball eMule cult that allows downloading times for obscure items to stretch out indefinitely, and be interrupted and resumed at will. I knew torrenting, but the only torrent SITES that I knew just had the usual mainstream stuff.

I used to buy any movie I was interested in, even if it turned out I only watched it once. As my interest in obscure movies grew, I turned to obscure sources. Some did a better job at a professional presentation than others, but I knew what a DVD-r looked like when I saw one. This was fine by me because I did not have the time to search out the obscure corners of the Internet for downloadable files that I did not have the bandwidth to download anyway.

As my Internet speeds improved, I began finding and downloading the movies that no one had yet pressed or burned to disk and offered to the public. This finally led me to FLM, where they had much better versions of the rarities I craved. I finally abandoned buying burned disks along with the overpriced out-of-print used import DVDs that did not have English subtitles for me anyway, and never looked back. When I was finally able to give up that copper line and switch to satellite, I developed a new unhealthy addiction: filling up a growing stack of external drives -- of movies that I will never have the time to watch even once.
goku33

Night457 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:28 pm
goku33 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:04 am Hilarious how some sites sell TVRips as/on DVD‘s. I guess for the less technical people that don’t bother with filesharing?
Absolutely! Doktorfroyd's was the BEST!

Site long gone, but mentioned occasionally at FLM way back when:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1580&hilit=doktorfroyd

It is also a matter of how much you value time vs. money, and bandwidth availability.
There was a time when I had more money, less time, and dreadful internet speeds. I was clever enough to figure out technical stuff bit by bit, but when it takes a half hour to download an MP3, then filesharing movies is not a reasonable option. And I had not discovered that oddball eMule cult that allows downloading times for obscure items to stretch out indefinitely, and be interrupted and resumed at will. I knew torrenting, but the only torrent SITES that I knew just had the usual mainstream stuff.

I used to buy any movie I was interested in, even if it turned out I only watched it once. As my interest in obscure movies grew, I turned to obscure sources. Some did a better job at a professional presentation than others, but I knew what a DVD-r looked like when I saw one. This was fine by me because I did not have the time to search out the obscure corners of the Internet for downloadable files that I did not have the bandwidth to download anyway.

As my Internet speeds improved, I began finding and downloading the movies that no one had yet pressed or burned to disk and offered to the public. This finally led me to FLM, where they had much better versions of the rarities I craved. I finally abandoned buying burned disks along with the overpriced out-of-print used import DVDs that did not have English subtitles for me anyway, and never looked back. When I was finally able to give up that copper line and switch to satellite, I developed a new unhealthy addiction: filling up a growing stack of external drives -- of movies that I will never have the time to watch even once.
Ha! I think I only bought one music cd for myself ever. I started as a teen with Usenet so we only rarely purchased DVD’s. Only for some of the favorite movie franchises or tv shows. And these days we don’t get crappy CamRips anymore but after few weeks 1080p WEB-DL‘s. Even the recent avatar camrip was HD and far from the old XviD.Avis..
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   1 likes

Wow Laura Martel is super cute, I hope the boy knew how lucky he was ;)
I drink therefore I am
goku33

I really wish that sweet scene would have been maybe 20 seconds longer! Ha, The boy shouldn’t just have locked the doors but put the phone on hold as well! :D

I have to say, haven’t seen a young actress this seductive and believable in a long time! She truly is a French girl lol