ferdi111

Re: [REL] Le surdoue (1997)

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

What exactly you are looking for? Yandex links @ BK seems to be alive
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

Machine-translated English subtitles and the Russian subtitles they were translated from:
Le surdoué (1997) English & Russian SRTs.zip
Thank you - I see that someone has reshared the eMule version posted by both starfish and Phuzzy. I am now also sharing the same file I pulled off one of my hard drives.

Also there are these -

Online download:
https://ulozto.net/file/K1YMr8d2G/le-su ... ZlLmpmLt==

Online streaming, downloadable:
https://videa.hu/videok/film-animacio/l ... VqwgUxJUiU

The videa.hu version looks like it has been de-logoed. Thank you Sully! I will check it out now that I have subtitles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:Machine-translated English subtitles and the Russian subtitles they were translated from:
Le surdoué (1997) English & Russian SRTs.zip
Thank you - I see that someone has reshared the eMule version posted by both starfish and Phuzzy. I am now also sharing the same file I pulled off one of my hard drives.

Also there are these -

Online download:
https://ulozto.net/file/K1YMr8d2G/le-su ... ZlLmpmLt==

Online streaming, downloadable:
https://videa.hu/videok/film-animacio/l ... VqwgUxJUiU

The videa.hu version looks like it has been de-logoed. Thank you Sully! I will check it out now that I have subtitles.
Thank you Night457! Do you know how the video quality compares between the emule version and the streaming versions?
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   1 likes

It is smaller size at videa.hu... for my eye it looks quite similar quality than those others that I have seen before
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Yeah, what ferdi said.

The version at uloz is the same as what starfish / Phuzzy shared on eMule.

Naturally whenever you process video to remove a logo or do anything else, there is a potential to lose video quality. This one looks similar but has different color values. Judge for yourself -
(emule file on the left, videa.hu on the right)

[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]

The most significant difference is that the videa.hu file is 1024x576 (1.778 aspect ratio) and the emule file is 766x576 (1.33 aspect ratio). You have to set your video player to 16:9 aspect ratio for the emule file so the faces are not squished. (I used Windows screen-capture to get the image looking correct, because the VLC screen-capture would show the image squished no matter what the display settings.)

There is also another version you can find with an eMule search that I am seeing if I can get. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is a similar encode to the FLM-emule file but that it at least eliminates the aspect ratio issue.

I do not remember how much it was discussed in the previous many posts, but what we have available online is actually the 90-minute PART 2 of a total 3-hour TV movie. I suspect it was preserved by fans because this half has more interesting scenes. Part 1 is nowhere to be found by anyone anywhere! Now that I have watched part 2 with subtitles and actually understand what is going on, it is so very apparent that this jumps right in the middle of a story. When I watched it before I had no clue!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Seems to be a lot of commotion over here. I'll go ahead and nab the emule file too. Thanks for the machine subs, Night! Thanks to Phuzzy and starifish and everyone involved in sharing!
lunastar2021

Post by lunastar2021 »   0 likes

wow very good
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Warg wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:46 pm
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Starfish's version is much better quality and I'm still sharing it.
Are you sure? The second Yandex link seems to be starfish's version and the other links have a bigger format with about the same parameters ... :?
http://blizzardkid.net/category/melodra ... start_com=
The one yandex disk file is 4:3 aspect ration and the other is 16:9 I think?

I wonder if @ghost would be interesting in AI upscaling & remastering this film ?
Night457 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:43 am The version at uloz is the same as what starfish / Phuzzy shared on eMule.

The most significant difference is that the videa.hu file is 1024x576 (1.778 aspect ratio) and the emule file is 766x576 (1.33 aspect ratio). You have to set your video player to 16:9 aspect ratio for the emule file so the faces are not squished. (I used Windows screen-capture to get the image looking correct, because the VLC screen-capture would show the image squished no matter what the display settings.)
I think the two yandex disk links shared on one of the earlier pages of This thread also are both the 1.778 and 1.33 aspect ration versions.

I searched on French torrent tracker and found also only this:
Spoiler:

LE SURDOUÉ 1997 VFF TVRIP X264 AAC
Qualité : TVrip
Format : MP4 (734p x 438p)
Vidéo : x264 à 2000 kbs
Audio : AAC 2 canaux
Langue : Francais Francais.png
Nombre de fichiers et tailles : 1 x 1290 Mo
Taille totale : 1,29 Go
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I wonder if @ghost would be interesting in AI upscaling & remastering this film ?
I could give it a try. Although the source quality is really bad...

@Night: Thanks for the subs. At least we have Russian ones now.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:45 am
I could give it a try. Although the source quality is really bad...

@Night: Thanks for the subs. At least we have Russian ones now.
Thanks! I will try to download all various versions of this that I could find and then provide it to you.